GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!!

Ha ha no shit!! organisation at its best!! I should write a book!!ha ha

I took the policy out on the 22nd August 2011 and the first payment wasnt till the 16th Sept, that would of been the 1st payment, so its cap in hand and tell them I written to them cancelling the policy, on the grounds of not agreeing to pay the credit agreement charge or,,,,,,,could I try and reinstate the policy, asking nicely, as I was happy with the deal it just slipped my memory to transfer into my outgoings account.

cheers niddy, cheers pompeyfaith

btw the charges are:

premium due: 10.42
    cancellation fee: 38.00
    non return of agreement 15.00

total 63.42

Comment

Well looks like Ive dropped a bollock here then,,,,,,never mind at least I got a result from capquest ha ha !

thanks everyone

Comment

Thinking again couldn't I write and ask them if they waived the charges could I reinstate the policy and get upto date, as I am sure this would be favorable to them chasing me for 68 quid which they will be waiting along time for. Cheers Dave

Comment

Hi everyone further to this the DCA CARS has phoned me twice for the 68 quid, told her abbruptly not to ring again and write to me the first time, and the second time I never bothered to answer the phone, the thing is if its now gone to a DCA I was wondering how can they enforce something which I never signed a cca or any documentation other than the app which I filled in online??
          I maybe wrong, but it makes no odds they arnt getting a penny off me regardless, all for 68 quid in cancellation charges !!! nuts!! I really can't be arsed doing this dance with them.
          Last edited by DAVEB71; 16 December 2011, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            You actually have a 30 day cooling off period not 14 as 14 is for goods mainly.

Edit just seen above - thanks Pompey. So car insurance is only 14 is it? But life is 30? Weird....
            Most people survive longer than their motor-cars.

Comment

This is taken from their Terms and Conditions FAQ. Assuming you got the full CCA, then they state elsewhere that if you cancel you may have to pay the whole premium. Play the game carefully!

What is the pre-contract credit information form and why do I need it?

Providing you with a pre-contract credit information form is a legal requirement under the Consumer Credit Act. It is also known as a SECCI (Standard European Consumer Credit Information) and helps to give you a better understanding of the credit agreement you are taking out prior to purchasing the policy.
              What does SECCI stand for?

Standard European Consumer Credit Information. It is also known as pre-contract credit information and it is a legal requirement of the Consumer Credit Act to provide you with a copy prior to you purchasing a policy which is payable by instalments. The information in it helps to give you a better understanding of the credit agreement you are taking out.
              What information is included in the pre-contract credit information form?

• The type of credit
              • The total amount of credit
              • How and when credit is provided
              • The duration of the credit agreement
              • Repayments
              • The total amount you will have to pay
              • The borrowing rate(s) which apply to the credit agreement
              • Annual percentage rate (APR)
              • Right of withdrawal
              • Early repayment

What is the difference between the pre-contract credit information form (SECCI) and the Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA)?

The SECCI is a document that is provided to you before you take out credit to purchase the policy and the CCA is the contractual agreement between you and the credit provider (BFSL Limited) once you have taken out credit to purchase the policy. It is important that you read and understand the content of both documents.

Comment

Thanks BBoo
                to be honest, I don't really understand, does that mean that once I've paid a deposit then I'm drawn into an agreement? Does it mean they have the right to ask for the full years premium? If so would the deposit paid to them be as good as signing a cca with regards to taking out the policy, and even if I did pay what they want when I take out another policy I would or should still have to declare I had a prevoius policy that had been cancelled, so I wouldn't be any better off paying, just out of pocket.
                I am not sure to what lengths these people want to go to try and get the money, home visit whatever as it would be a swift kick up the bum to anyone who called to mine shouting the odds for money simple as that, I am sure many people would do the same, its just with all the successes, (really complex cases,) that I've seen on this forum and had a couple of good ones myself I find it hard to believe theres nothing I can do over such a small amount and as I see it waffer thin agreement, never the less I think I should stick to my guns on this, but I really appreciate and welcome everyones feedback.

thanks for the info BBoo

Dave
                Last edited by DAVEB71; 9 January 2012, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
                  waffer thin
                  Comme Monsieur Creosote?

Comment

Ha ha nice one it must of been locked into my subconcious waiting for an outlet!!

Comment

I don't really understand, does that mean that once I've paid a deposit then I'm drawn into an agreement?
                      Yes, because that is generally the case with all contracts.

Does it mean they have the right to ask for the full years premium?
                      This is where it gets complicated, as there are three companies involved here:
                      1. the actual insurance provider - link
                      2. BISL Limited, trading as Dial Direct, the insurance broker or intermediary
                      3. BFSL Limited, the credit provider, which is hardly mentioned until one sees the quote

There may be a good and sensible explanation for this other than setting out to deceive or confuse the customer but, as both BISL and BFSL are licensed as credit providers, I'm buggered if I can see what it might be.

Comment

Ha ha nice one it must of been locked into my subconcious waiting for an outlet!!
                        Perhaps.

I did try to find a way to get them to follow the example of M. Creosote, but without success so far. I have an idea that their odd credit arrangements might help, though.

Comment

well guys all that said, any advice on what I should do, pay it? argue the toss? as I am at a loss with this, I thought it was simple, but obviously not.

cheers in advance for any guidance with this

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X