GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RENEWALS & ESCALATION OF AUTO RENEWAL PRICES - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RENEWALS & ESCALATION OF AUTO RENEWAL PRICES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RENEWALS & ESCALATION OF AUTO RENEWAL PRICES

Received from HALIFAX Car Insurance renewal notice = no claims made for 3 years (Now in wife's name for last 3 years) so started to earn her own.

Insurance through BISL as most are these days,

Lat year price:- £269.63

This years price:- £317.80

The non fun began then, No claims discount 1 year??? sorry 2-3 years as proof Lloyds (Same group) shows 1 year the old policy., so Motor claim Bureau GDPR sent as trying to check which insurance company prior to Lloyds. (Not much hope they are vague in responses await 30 days see if anything returns) ., Ring up Halifax she stated 2 years on computer I state letter notice says 1 year Oh ! Dear will send another ... great Okay then? Nooooooooooooooo shows 1 year still, are we run by morons?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

It's always best not to auto-renew, even if you eventually stay with the same insurer. Shop around for alternative quotes which can always be used to negotiate a better premium with the current insurers. I also use this with AA road cover ("it's become too expensive."), who are always willing to find a way to reduce their new quoted premium.

Comment

Even if you auto renew they send you a quotation before so you have time to shop around. The problem these days is, every insurance company offers different things and covers different things. Some home insurances cover gadgets up to x amount away from home, others don’t.

Same with travel and only a moron would travel abroad without at least basic cover.

List what you need and shop around

Gets pricey when you have MacBook, iPad, iPhone and watch all needing cover away from home and a £700 bike but they are my babies

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        It's always best not to auto-renew, even if you eventually stay with the same insurer. Shop around for alternative quotes which can always be used to negotiate a better premium with the current insurers. I also use this with AA road cover ("it's become too expensive."), who are always willing to find a way to reduce their new quoted premium.
        Never auto-renew just their invitation to renew. already got cover when it expires £65 cheaper elsewhere. After getting car Insurance!s since 1966 learnt that one long time ago., even had an Insurance company go bust in 1967 with a claim for theft outstanding, and I ended out of pocket.

An ex wife was a big Insurance local claims Engineers secretary and many a time In February she had to bring home claim especially after bad weather and some excuses you would not believe people put in their claims.!
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 6 May 2023, 05:33.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X