GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ADMIRAL HOME INSURANCE THROUGH TOP CASHBACK - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADMIRAL HOME INSURANCE THROUGH TOP CASHBACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMIRAL HOME INSURANCE THROUGH TOP CASHBACK

Took out home insurance with Admiral last july starts August 2022, so declined cashback by Admiral and top cash back last communication to-day 1st November 2022:-

Quote:- they have continually tried to get the cash back?

Thanks for getting in touch here.

I do appreciate that this outcome may be frustrating for you. Although we can see that you have clicked through from Topcashback to the retailer, from here onwards our records don't record and show us as to whether your purchase was completed with us. It is the retailers' affiliate network that has investigated your claim and provided the decision on it. We just submit your claim to the network once you lodge it, we do not have any influence over the investigation process or the decisions made.

The retailers affiliate network have said that your claim is declined and we were definitely not the final referral to your purchase, and as such, we will not be passed on any cashback to give to yourself. Our sales team always monitors retailers by looking at statistics, payments received from them and reviews. If a retailer is seen not to be paying and has bad reviews then we would investigate this and then make the decision on whether to remove them from our site.

Please be aware that certain entities can interfere with the cashback process, such as but not limited to:
    Cookies
    Pre-saved baskets
    Voucher codes
    Ad blockers
    Pop up windows

We would also like to mention that we are not saying that these entities apply to you directly, these are just suggestions as to why the resolution given may have been provided for your claim.

However, as this is considered a solid resolution, due to the robust systems in place we are confident in the retailer’s decision and we are unable to dispute this further on this occasion.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Rank ineptitude in just about every organisation one tries to have dealings with, these days. They seem to be able to get away with it due to the remoteness of internet transactions.

Comment

01/11/2022 = Sent Email to CEO Admiral CEO
      to Cristina.NESTARES

02/11/2022 =
      Thank you for your recent Email addressed to our Chief Executive Officer, Ms Milena Mondini. She has passed your concerns to us to deal with on her behalf. I am sorry you have been unhappy with our service recently. I would like to reassure you we will shortly be investigating your concerns.

We will provide an update on progress within four weeks of this letter.

Whilst we are required by the Financial Conduct Authority to reply to complaints within eight weeks, we aim to provide you with a full response much sooner.
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 2 November 2022, 10:11.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2/11/2022 = have a tracking Email Tracking device and reports looked @ 8 times already today - must be passing it around.

Comment

4/11/2022 -
          Summary – Not Upheld

Based on my investigation I can see no errors in the service you have received. I understand this will not be the response you were hoping for. Please refer to my investigation where this will be explained in further detail.

Investigation

I referred your policy to our Marketing team to find out why we did not approve the payment via top cashback. They confirmed it was because your policy was purchased through Confused.com.

To qualify for the payment the policy has to have been accepted via the link to our website from the top cashback website.

I appreciate this may not be the outcome you were hoping for but I hope I have been able to explain what has happened.

Confused.com ???? strange? anyway I have asked them to inform me of refund for the 10 months not covered as I wish to cancel said cover also give me actual date of cancellation of policy.

Conclusion:- I will go elsewhere, they have also lost any other possible multi policies etc which I intended to open.

Comment

05/11/2022 = Admiral - on line chat and told them to cancel policy in view that they deny it was from topcashback, I sent evidence from topcashback site states topcashback stating you are leaving confused ,com system and directed to Admiral. Completely ignored. so after they tried to be clever then asked if I wanted to cancel policy ??? I already stated that and asked for breakdown of charges and refund amount, eventually after nonsense who is the new insurer I was now using I stated WHY if it is one of our companies? so i googled and gave their 4 companies names and stated non of them, I then got breakdown of charged = 3 months cover/admin fee £36 and the balance will be credited to original payment method. all in all I am getting new policy (Already set Up - bit cheaper with cashback) elsewhere.

Comment

Result of a kind, but pity about the admin fee..

Comment

Yes in the T&Cs (*crooks)
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 6 November 2022, 10:53.

Comment

20/11/2022 = Topcashback not happy with the situation and offered me 50% of cashback in view of the difficulty with Admiral, and apologise that their efforts to solve problems fell on deaf ears. so I accepted, and closed the case. a company that has morals topcashback = rare these days! well done topcashback.

Comment

Good on them, and good for you. Perseverance does sometimes pay off.

Comment

Working...
                    X