GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script STORM/TEMPEST CLAIM BUILDING NOT ALLOWED - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STORM/TEMPEST CLAIM BUILDING NOT ALLOWED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STORM/TEMPEST CLAIM BUILDING NOT ALLOWED

But bedroom and lounge ceiling damaged due to water getting through membrane (seems membrane replaced some 7-8 years ago) ceiling damage allowed (Seems winds so fierce got up between tiles joins) , so called Building surveyor stated trouble with apex tiles gaps , spent £400 to reset them, a week or so later more storm water in the same ceiling openings, after couple visits I pointed out his so called selfie camera tech-knowledgy from the ground missed and broken tile which caused the lounge ceiling leak (Bungalow) =, why did he not get on the roof or get ladder to survey areas>also initially get into roof space and not just the hatch to shine a torch around not insured the answer from him and the claims chap with him both reiterated no insurance cover to do so_)) ( NOTE:- when reporting in December originally I was told to get into roof space and look around regardless I have disability also told wife to get up there she could not reach and refused too nervous, then told to grab somebody off the street and get them to look! later stated he is not a Building surveyor, ( another words as I stated just an assessor?) and no Insurance to get into loft or on roofs ah?? #

So on this 2nd visit when he stated above I asked :-= membrane inside building does it come under contents as per the ceilings or part of the Building insurance i.e.:- as the roof tiled/ he stated Roofing as per buildings schedule:+ did the roofer take photos he stated? I said I would of thought so? he had noticed I have gone and got a new roof tiles etc at a cost of £4000+, yes I said also your comment stating apex possible caused problem bad/missing grouting etc initially cost me £400 which did not cure anything as still has same water entry from elsewhere. outcome they have given me a couple grand+ for ceilings to be done and that is it. I asked for DSAR and got one, then asked for update to show how the final invoice total was achieved as VAT mentioned on phone> then Policy Expert (NOT) state to me no DSAR from them but will ask Trinity claims to send a full detail final one this time, I asked Policy Expert all DSAR from them on last request they state they have nothing as claim's company did the claim? well thoughts? * have no details to send me as per requirements??
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 April 2020, 09:12.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

just cannot get some so called agencies to realise they have responsibility to supply DSAR and not just pass the buck to somebody else, also on phone when they rang I stated ask their Data Controller if they have no knowledge? told not necessary
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 April 2020, 20:22.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

well claims rang (last week) and after 1 hour of repeated comments by them and circumnavigating my questions and trying to tell me about different aspects of dangerous materials (asbestos etc) I corrected them on most fronts from experience by myself. telling me wear and tare of roof tiles always taken into account that is why roof claims rarely allowed when I asked how long should a standard roof tile would last = er um er um, (taking into account many a building has original from centuries ago), membrane damage due to broken tile in one area allowed water ingression onto a inner ceiling ( yes I have just found a photo he states (from the 2nd visit) he states after arguing non reported in report, no there was not I say as the so called selfie from ground camera missed it, argued with me (trying to be little me) that membrane part of outer building cover so not allowed!

Ceilings are contents cover and paid out OK., so as no water pipes in the two affected areas means storm (Decembers) tempest/storm got up thru tiles and broke membrane. Ah! he finally states that would come under Accidental building damage (At Last got thru to him after 45 minutes) he will try and get a partial membrane and bit of labour cost as a final payment send copy of builders invoice for goods ) we shall see?

as was stated to me by many If a person jumps on roof and vandalises they would pay BUT not on normal claim as wear & tare always the get out clause

well we await and see what if anything they come back with?

also pointed out they both stated no Insurance cover to get on roof or get into attic ? the chap stated maybe they have none? i pointed out one of them was from their claims department - do your staff have cover doing on site jobs? er um er um? would of thought so was answer? , also why charge me for ceilings test due to their refusal to have the lounge ceiling tested on 1st visit as the company rang to get permission as on site and they reported 2nd area affected and refusal was given hence 2nd visit to test for asbestos (charged to me)? and so called 2nd visit by surveyor to take photos of lounge ceiling etc for which asbestos people had supplied to them? no response/
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 May 2020, 07:28.

Comment

still awaiting response to their suggestion on accidental damage to building as they have the Builders merchants invoice

Comment

NOTE:- Info from Home emergency calls if you have a leak and you can turn water off you have no emergency also if you are advised to switch off electricity socket to combi to make safe in case water gets in electrics then emergency does not exist in home emergency (yet a leak in boiler still there)??? 1st one states no emergency, 2nd one states will be contacted within 2-3 hours by plumber, then delay will be with you by midnight? some 6-8 weeks later = good job gave up waiting! the next day! so what is an emergency, switch off electric to make safe then no hot water in middle of winter, 1st one was turn off water - no emergency yet no water? Insurance these days has no use you pay then hard luck if needed.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 May 2020, 10:21.

Comment

as of to-day still awaiting response from beginning of month telecon and reminders to the said person?

Comment

15.00hrs 19/05/2020 + Telcom @ 3 p.m. from "J" stating Customer Relations state the invoice of £1200+ will not be paid?? prior which "J" stated the amount to-wards the membrane etc replacement partial invoice cost with bit a of labour cost £4-500, I had to point out to him as he stated the £4-500 figure is not the full materials invoice as I choose to but (Not the New Roof Tiles) new roof tiles to finish the job properly, and we agreed to go for the lower cost of membrane and material to fix damaged and replace membrane, but he said we went trough all that before shall we again - what for I stated - I.e. you paid out for ceilings damaged due to incident, an incident you would not of paid out if the membrane damage had not let the water in, no water would mean no contents claim BUT you paid out because an incident took place? we will then send a letter of final conclusion, Okay! then I can make a complaint to the Insurance Ombudsman , it will take 8 weeks he stated I mentioned they had 4 weeks from complaint already.

And take in to account the so called customer relations were quoting for full parts Builders suppliers invoice which we were not claiming in full only as they asked to see the builders merchants invoice.?

No mention of the Emergency call out that never took place 2 months ago to boiler leaking where every two hours somebody was on the way? never did turn up! what a shambles?
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 June 2020, 19:49.

Comment

19/05/2020 3.07 p.m.+ We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy, our aim is to provide the highest standard of service to every customer but sometimes things go wrong. We will be reviewing your complaint over the next few days and will do all we can to resolve this matter for you. If, at any stage you are unhappy or dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, I would encourage you to contact the Customer Relations team. They will be happy to look into your complaint further for you, they can be contacted at the details below:

Comment

31/05/2020 ===Well after all that - they are side stepping issue, a final response letter in the making (taking them ages?) bet they are trying to adjust a lot of fact = I kept copy of notes and their site records? they state the resolution people state invoice far beyond original amount quoted ? the invoice was requested to see what part related to membrane and replacements not the roof tiles etc, so the invoice amount if they paid out under accidental damage to roofing would be 1/3rd which was all asked for? I see that the person called "J" has backed off with the lack of truth from his end? well still awaiting final response to look at next move! also they have failed to respond to Emergency (Home) call out for boiler leaking and waited every 2 hours and nobody did turn up. no comments to that particular complaint> = pay extra = receive nothing!

Comment

02/07/2020 - phone call from the contact jack stating GDPR already given - ( not up to date with latest information) states Customer relations team will not look at the complaint regarding seeing full invoice (We suggested partial under accidental building storm damage as suggested by him) only partial to the membrane which was suggested cost + a bit of labour, now state their answer is the same

NO, final response they have 8 weeks to issue I pointed out a lot less than that from complaint date> and keeps side stepping the main issue which is:- contents ceiling water damaged they agree paid out - BUT the cause of water damaged they keep refusing trying to state wear & tear of the tile??? as stated to him (no responses ever) that if the storm had not damaged the membrane they would not of agreed to pay out contents damage?? as the Incident would not of occurred!?

many a build centuries old tile this one 40 years? also the membrane replaced by original owner only 7 years ago!, so no more pussy footing with them although I pointed out the CEO accounts as registered every year seems to state Dormant accounting??? must be a tax fiddle ??? any body know>??? so awaiting final before deciding which way to go as FCA are long winded and useless!
                    12 Feb 2020 Accounts for a dormant company made up to 31 December 2019 View PDF Accounts for a dormant company made up to 31 December 2019 - link opens in a new window - 2 pages(2 pages)
                    Download iXBRL
                    12 Feb 2020 Confirmation statement made on 31 January 2020 with no updates
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 June 2020, 19:51.

Comment

anybody following events and have similar experience??

Comment

05/06/2020= Received E-Mail with final response, have filled in FCA on line form and sent & stated once all filing complete and I have a FCO reference number I will batch and send by Royal Mail as a lot of records etc.

Comment

06/06/2020 = All of a sudden the contents damage all the way through, now comes under Accidental Building Additional cover? after to 50 minute telecon late last month well that is a cover up as accidental building extra cover was eventually suggested months later by J some 5 Months later after original claim:- as stated in final response as building not contents - I said there is a cover up suggested???
                          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 June 2020, 09:39.

Comment

accidental building cover umm??? trying to move from contents cover and not admit as stated by "J" that membrane damage is building cover but not covered yet under accidental Building cover which was extra charge?) seeing as membrane replaced on some 7-8 years ago ( so wear and tear claim by them void!) ''also no referring back to me complaint of extra charges for their 2nd unnecessary visit as external company on site on their behalf reported extra ingression found in lounge ceiling and offered to test for Asbestos there and then but was refused permission, also 2nd visit by so called admitted not building surveyor accompanied by Trinity claims employee (must of been aware they had a problem for the claims man to turn up as well) alarm bells!!??? and charged for that after telling them not necessary as their agent on site had the photos?
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 June 2020, 07:47.

Comment

01/06/2020 Update:- Collating documents/conversations and telecon conversations but will inform no disc for the latter events after requesting them, detail for FOS now have a case Number. and they stop me getting into claims site to retrieve further evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X