GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script car accident insurance policy claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car accident insurance policy claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if it is the strangers fault, you need to get their insurance details, your insurance company will then claim off them to cover your repairs.

This is why you should have contacted your insurance company at the time of the accident.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok well but after an incident this has happen to claim my insurance on the to the vechicle then I want to approach to insurance company only yes.can I cover the total insurance?so this is what happen what are the proofs and that I have to consider and how much time it takes to claim is there any idea...

Comment

what are you meaning = The whole Insurance???? - time to speak to the Insurance company, report and then follow their questions/advice, as we are going around in circles here??? let us know what they state and suggest?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So you have insurance on a vehicle that’s been involved in an accident, allegedly not your fault, is this correct?
          If so what’s your problem with claiming through your insurance? You notify your insurance, they will then deal with the claim, if it’s found not to be your fault then the other persons insurance pays out for repairs to both vehicles, your insurance premiums are not affected.
          if it is found that you are at fault then your insurance pays out and your premiums could be affected.
          This is the basic principle of insurance.
          So what is your concern??

Comment

Yes it is correct timewilltell I have insurance on my vechicle that has been involved in accident but my concern is that my insurance time is going to renewed soon so that's why can I cover the insurance total on my vechicle and the process time how much It takes to cover the claim ?

Comment

CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. While your insurance is still valid, you can make a claim, if you wait till you renew the policy they will not cover it,

it doesn't matter how long your policy has left to run make the claim now while the policy still covers the vehicle that has been damaged.

Comment

If you’re in an accident (Road Traffic Act)

If you have an accident causing damage or injury you must give the following to anyone with ‘reasonable grounds for requiring them,’ for example an insurance company:
                • your name and address
                • the vehicle registration number
                You also need to give the owner’s name and address if the vehicle isn’t yours.
                You must report the accident to the police within 24 hours if you don’t give your details at the time of the accident.
                You must also report the accident to your insurance company, even if you’re not planning to make a claim.

Comment

As said speak to insurance company before your policy expires. Once the claim is in motion then it is irrelevant how long it takes. All you would need to do is inform new insurers that a claim is outstanding and you have not heard the outcome. They will insure you and adjust premium when result of claim comes in.

Comment

your move now get onto Insurance company,

Comment

Ok Thanks for Giving a advice to all ..Now I have got some clarity about the details that you have given about the incident happened to me how to cover the accident insurance policy....

Comment

That link refers to a car insurance provider based in India which won’t be of any benefit to forum members.

Comment

I think the OP was in the UK not MUMBAI

Comment

velly fine indeed

Comment

Working...
                            X