GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script car accident insurance policy claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car accident insurance policy claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car accident insurance policy claim

Hi ,my car has got damaged due to accident 2 weeks ago I have insurance policy But If I want to claim my insurance how much time it takes to cover my insurance on my car. is there any one to give good advice any advice that would be appreciated .

every company has own internal procedures = no one answer fits all - have you contacted and reported incident to company yet, where abouts do you reside ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jhonpaul View Post
      my car has got damaged due to accident 2 weeks ago I have insurance policy But If I want to claim my insurance how much time it takes to cover my insurance on my car.
      It's important to immediately contact your insurer even if you don't intend to make a claim.

Here's some helpful information about the process > https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...n-an-accident/

Di

Comment

Ok well but that how much we can cover when this type of incident happen can we cover total insurance?any good advice.....

Comment

Originally posted by jhonpaul View Post
          Hi ,my car has got damaged due to accident 2 weeks ago I have insurance policy But If I want to claim my insurance how much time it takes to cover my insurance on my car. is there any one to give good advice any advice that would be appreciated .
          your insurance company is the one to ask.
          you should have an insurance policy booklet that explains about claiming and what excess you need to pay.

OR are you saying that you looked at insurance but didn't buy it,
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok well I have looked at the insurance but I did not buy it iam not getting clarity about that which is the best insurance company that I have to approach Any good idea...

Comment

jhonpaul - your posting stated you had a vehicle accident, you were asked if you reported it? you then hint you are looking for insurance?? then you ask the best Insurance company?? how about sitting down and start explaining what your posting is all about from the start?? whereabouts do you Reside in the UK??????

Comment

Let's be clear,

if you are in the UK you have to have Insurance to drive on UK roads,
                you cannot take out insurance AFTER an accident. the insurance has to be in place at the time of the accident, unless you want to appear in court for fraud.
                If you drive and are found to have no insurance OR have an accident and found to be uninsured you will be fined and your car CRUSHED,

so my suggestion is, NO INSURANCE- DON'T DRIVE! simples

Comment

Ok well As you suggest that after an accident you cant take the insurance you have said then can I apply for new insurance policy about the vechicle. Then after taking new insurance it will worth to the recent incident that I have got the problem.can you give any idea if you have.

Comment

you can take out insurance on the vechicle, you cannot claim on the new policy for the damage that has already happened, the vechile has to already be insured BEFORE any damage is done, To take out a policy then claim the damage was done at a later date is fraud and a criminal offence.

so you have had an accident, you must pay for repairs yourself, you had no insurance, so were not covered to make a claim., If you have caused damage to another vehicle then you must also pay for their repairs, or you may be charged for driving without insurance and the car/van will be impounded by the police.

Comment

On any new application for insurance you would have to state where it states have you had any accidents in the last 5 years etc, "YES" the cost of insurance would go up no doubt as you can be seen as a risk (short term), Driving without insurance of course is a major problem as without insurance you cannot Tax a vehicle as like without having a MOT, :- And it is an offence not have these items, and once Fined etc Insurance premiums would escalate, also after certain number of points on a driving licence it can be taken away,

Also the trouble a person with no Insurance etc can have an effect not only on a Motor Accident person, it could effect a family to a far extreme if severe injuries occurred etc.

Do you have vehicle Tax on any UK held vehicle????

Comment

do you have a driving licence is the next question?

Comment

Yes I had driving license cant I claim the insurance about the incident and I have a uk held vechicle....

Comment

1. HAD or HAVE a Driving licence ( issued by who)??
                            2, To check - do/did you have Insurance time of Incident?
                            3. Did you get the other persons Insurance Details?
                            4. Whose fault was the alleged accident?
                            5. Your Nationality?
                            6. Are you attending any type college? On holiday time at present?
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 August 2019, 08:44.

Comment

According to your suggestion that the accident that I have faced that's the fault of stranger but If I want to claim that the process can i claim the total or 50% of the cover to claim the insurance policy ...
                              1)Yes I have a driving license issued by UK gov
                              2)Yes I have the insurance at the time of the incident
                              3)No
                              4)Its not my fault but it is stranger fault
                              5)UK

Comment

Working...
                              X