GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aqua Credit Card - Poor credit history but been accepted - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aqua Credit Card - Poor credit history but been accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aqua Credit Card - Poor credit history but been accepted

Sure, what other option do I have if not to wait...
    It's a pita really as this card is aimed at people with poor credit - no default neither CCJ in the last 12 months is required (mine are from 2010...), bank account and UK address.
    Guess that self-employed git on the wrong side of 40s living in rented accommodation for the last decade is too big risk for £250 credit.

On the other point - waiting till defaults drop from credit file only proves my point from another thread that it is not 6 years of "punishment", it is almost 7 years (as it took Barclaycard 9/10 months to register defaults).

Comment

Have you tried vanquis? They are lower down the order
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No, I haven't applied for anything since 2009 when i wanted to shift some debts.
        This was my first application to try and get some new "rebuilding" credit.
        Noddle checker offered me 5 cards: 4 Aquas and 1 Marbles (which is Aqua by disguise).
        Thanks for your suggestion - will wait 2 months as at least 2 or maybe 3 defaults will drop off by then.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
          Decided after all to take a plunge and applied this morning for Aqua Reward (no-fees on overseas spending would be handy).
          Noddle checker gave me 80% chance but got rejected...
          8 years at the same address, decent income (not great, but OKish), 6 defaults (2 satisfied) and all SB and all will disappear from my credit file by September, 17 years self-employment (guess that's the bit which killed me most) and they denied me pesky £250 credit...
          So how am I going to improve my credit rate when I cannot get £250 card?
          Planned to try and get a mortgage next year to finally be on my own...
          Aqua reward isn't sub prime. Try Aqua starter card after +6 months for likely acceptance.

You've tried to get their top card - bad move.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No, I haven't applied for anything since 2009 when i wanted to shift some debts.
            This was my first application to try and get some new "rebuilding" credit.
            Noddle checker offered me 5 cards: 4 Aquas and 1 Marbles (which is Aqua by disguise).
            Thanks for your suggestion - will wait 2 months as at least 2 or maybe 3 defaults will drop off by then.
            i have 8 defaults and got Aqua in September.

Why why would you apply for rewards when you're sub prime? Try the normal starter card. Avoid Vanquis. Urgh

Noddle checker is nothing. Forget those. Do as I suggest at the start and pre apply direct!! Noddle is a random number generator like equifax and Experian.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well, both Noddle and MSE endorse Aqua Reward as "poor credit".
              Got exactly same chances (80%) to get any Aqua.
              In the future will do direct pre-app (missed that point, sadly...)
              Wanted Reward for no overseas fees as going to Euro-zone in 2 weeks so tried to kill 2 birds...
              It may be a stupid move from hindsight (but am not consider myself a stupid git )

P.S. where could I find direct pre-app chacker?
              Last edited by jadex; 13 May 2016, 14:39.

Comment

Luma (cap1); nationwide; Lloyds; Cap1; Barclaycard all do pre checks

Aqua are sometimes hard. I applied every 6 months for 2 years then just got accepted with £250 limit (Sept 15). In March it went to £650.....

APR is around 40% but I rarely use it tbh.

Aqua pay both MSE & Noddle to promote them. I had 30% chance and got approved

Comment

What a bummer Jadex

I know its only £250 to start with and the APR is crap but it is a useful fallback for those times when there is too much month left at the end of the money

Do as Niddy and others have said, Wait those 6 or so months and apply again for the other card. Hopefully they will accept and it is the start you need.

I did not think I would be approved when I applied but it all went through ok. Funny though as they gave me the rewards card????

As you say, Possibly the self employment that frightens them off.....As daft as that is....

Perhaps they think you will be all reckless and like a kid in a sweet shop if they intrust you with the power and dizzy sum of £250......Think of the penny sweets you can get with that.....daft
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Totally against popular wisdom of not applying too often, checked via MSE checker (again, against advice) that Vanquis (again, bad card...) gives me 50% chance (so-so chance, again...) but thought: CRAs might not update their databases as they go and only do it overnight? So Vanquis can't possibly know of my Aquas fiasco?
                    But if it is not the case, then what the heck? Would have to wait anyway.
                    So applied yesterday night for that Vanquis and got ACCEPTED !!!!!!!!!!
                    Don't need it for anything bar rebuilding my credit.

Comment

Well done. Vanquis are very expensive but in 6 months time it will be worth trying aqua again.

Comment

Exellent result - Good work

Comment

Well done on getting accepted. Shows you MSE checker is horseshit

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                            As you say, Possibly the self employment that frightens them off.....As daft as that is....
                            Doubtful, I was accepted for 2 Aqua cards, Capital One and Vanquis and I've been self employed for 22 years!

Comment

AND... just got the letter from DCA which last contacted me in 2014 regarding some old account....
                              AND received court summon regarding another account

I somehow have a feeling that by applying for my new card I have opened Pandora's box...

Comment

AND... just got the letter from DCA which last contacted me in 2014 regarding some old account....
                                AND received court summon regarding another account

I somehow have a feeling that by applying for my new card I have opened Pandora's box...
                                yes ....Anyone reading this ...it's best to forget your credit file for 6 years ...

Comment

Working...
                                X