GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this about Packaged accounts(ie accounts with extras)? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this about Packaged accounts(ie accounts with extras)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this about Packaged accounts(ie accounts with extras)?

Oh I have had bad experiences with them can't remember if i told you but when i opened the account... I called them about my card being denied seems because I complained about my OD they actually CLOSED the account with no prior warning hubbys wages etc went in. I wrote to mr. Osorio (CEO) and he sorted it I got compo etc as I had no access to funds for 3 weeks!

BUT yeah this isn't a bad deal!

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
      My Package is as Follows:

12.00 a month I get:

Travel insurance incl Winter sports for my family (there is 4 of us) and its full coversage!
      Breakdown cover for me personally so if im a driver or passenger in a car -- Incl Europe
      Identity Theft
      Card Theft
      Passport Theft
      Key Protection
      Mobile Phone insurance

Those are the main things.. there is other wee stuff.
      are you a good skier? (look at price comparison website for the coverage)
      Are you expecting your identity to be stolen?(are we all that important!!!!)
      Do the bank not already refund damages if the card is used?
      Are you expecting your passport to be stolen?(wouldn't it be covered with travel insurance)
      Are keys not covered under the house insurance?
      Mobile phone insurance...covered that bit earlier.
      European cover would usually be at a basic level and I suspect Green Flag. I think you need to check out the cover they offer against the price you might get.

You pay roughly £144.00 a year for these benefits. I am sure that some of the cover may be part of the home insurance and that the ID/Card theft are useless benefits.

Comment

If it is AXA then it costs £107 a year.

However, you could get that for £62.00 a year
        http://www.european-breakdown-cover....FUtC4Qodf0ELiw

Comment

Originally posted by nattie View Post
          ID/Card theft are useless benefits.
          Happen to agree whole heartedly with this.

MBNA sell "Identity Theft" which "protects" you from fraud. However, MBNAs generic T&Cs state that you will not be held liable for ANY fraudulent losses.

Basically, its just a big fat con in this instance.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nattie View Post
            are you a good skier? (look at price comparison website for the coverage)
            I am Canadian -- need I say more! but for family insurance for all of us its quite expensive I go to the US/Canada which is not covered in most policies at least 2 times a year!

Are you expecting your identity to be stolen?(are we all that important!!!!)
            Um Ask Niddy that question-- no one expects it but thats like saying why have car insurance are you expecting an accident?

Do the bank not already refund damages if the card is used?
            Check your account I bet you find its for 3k or less. this coverage is for Identity protection – including up to £50,000 of insurance cover to help reclaim your identity, after identity theft

Are you expecting your passport to be stolen?(wouldn't it be covered with travel insurance)Again im a forigner in the UK so therefore if my passport is stolen it contains my visa... I would be deported therefore this protection is important Only covered in Travel insurance if your on holiday!!

Are keys not covered under the house insurance?
            um no. you pay a premium with house insurance if you want this!

Mobile phone insurance...covered that bit earlier.
            This covers 3 mobile phones if i was to pay this it would be mega expensive.
            European cover would usually be at a basic level and I suspect Green Flag. I think you need to check out the cover they offer against the price you might get.On green flag this is 115.00 and the good thing is IM insured not the car

You pay roughly £144.00 a year for these benefits. I am sure that some of the cover may be part of the home insurance and that the ID/Card theft are useless benefits.
            Yes and travel insurance ALONE for all year for my family is over 100.. remember canada and us isn't incl in most policies its extra. And my Travel policy is one thats with a company I have a policy number dog tags etc. Ive asked an independant firm to read it over we are covered for everything!

SO in fairness im getting a great deal. You should check a lot of house insurances they are not covering a lot of the things you mention UNLESS you take out additional coverage. I only pay 54.00 a year for my insurance.

AND ID and Card you have to prove to the bank that it wasn't you etc.

I forgot to mention they have a discount site too for things like hotels etc. So even if you booked ONE hotel through them its still a savings!
            Last edited by jen_br; 31 May 2011, 17:29.

Comment

PS im not saying all banks are great but I felt that my bank personally went through a demands and needs (bearing in mind im on the lowest paid for account) and I felt that they sold me what I needed not something I didn't

Comment

SO in fairness im getting a great deal. You should check a lot of house insurances they are not covering a lot of the things you mention UNLESS you take out additional coverage. I only pay 54.00 a year for my insurance.
                Hmphh, we get free home contents as we have buildings and no claims, however we're also covered for every scenario (accidental damage/lost keys/freezer stuff etc etc) and ours (bear in mind free contents at £100k) costs £450 with Moreth>n

I am happy with them though, so for now don't mind the premium although I hated it when we had to pay £65 per month for the same cover!

I forgot to mention they have a discount site too for things like hotels etc. So even if you booked ONE hotel through them its still a savings!
                Yep, Most offer this, its shyte

Moreth>n's is here: ---> http://more4me.morethan.com/
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It depends NId, sometimes you can get a bit of a discount. I generally use my staff codes and stuff for Marriott and HIE. But I got a great deal for some flowers for a funeral 20% off sure I may have gotten them cheaper through quidco but this was fast and easy.

Yeah Well we only have contents as we are renting currently but I agree when I was paying for both for the B&B it incl EVERYTHIGN

Comment

I note no further threads on this one?

Comment

Working...
                    X