GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ulster Bank (underwritten by RBS and Natwest) - can RBS offset? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ulster Bank (underwritten by RBS and Natwest) - can RBS offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ulster Bank (underwritten by RBS and Natwest) - can RBS offset?

Thanks Niddy.

Wondering, does the registered card at home have to be in your name? Technically it doesn't specify and could use my Dad's?

Bit too scared to go the Natwest route! HSBC said if I run the account well for 6 months I would be considered for a debit card. Well she said automatically but I'm taking that with a healthy dose of salt untill it "automatically" happens!

Fingers crossed, can't see why HSBC would turn me down for a basic account as no history of fraud or bankruptcy, though seeing your Barclays fun I'm a bit concerned!

P
    In Niddy we trust

Comment

Originally posted by 1245pip View Post
      Thanks Niddy.

Wondering, does the registered card at home have to be in your name? Technically it doesn't specify and could use my Dad's?
      Nobody can tell a card from name, the check is done using PAF so they check house number with postcode. You'll be fine using your dads card and pretending it is yours.....

Bit too scared to go the Natwest route! HSBC said if I run the account well for 6 months I would be considered for a debit card. Well she said automatically but I'm taking that with a healthy dose of salt untill it "automatically" happens!
      She talks shyte lol. They cannot promise such things - as a result of your "somewhat dire" credit file, they may be reluctant so it's best to presume they won't but if they do - great - broocie bonus

Fingers crossed, can't see why HSBC would turn me down for a basic account as no history of fraud or bankruptcy, though seeing your Barclays fun I'm a bit concerned! P
      Exactly - banks are a law unto themselves a lot of the time.... I went in with statements confirming the amounts I paid in monthly, the debits and salaries - they still said "sod off you scroat"
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK so HSBC account now open, just waiting for the ATM card etc to come through. Internet banking all up and running with my 0.00 balance !

RBS account also open (though not forgetting AVU could still bite me), have card through - Visa Debit though won't be using the account due to MINT debt.

p
        In Niddy we trust

Comment

Originally posted by 1245pebbles View Post
          OK so HSBC account now open, just waiting for the ATM card etc to come through. Internet banking all up and running with my 0.00 balance !

RBS account also open (though not forgetting AVU could still bite me), have card through - Visa Debit though won't be using the account due to MINT debt.

p
          Well done on HSBC - can you let me check summat with you, you say you have RBS Card - is this a Highline card or not?

Basically, the way to tell is to check the start of the card - it will begin with either:

4751 16 or 4751 17

The one ending 17 should have the word Highline on the front and also have £100 next to the chip. If not, then you've not got a Highline card (it does make a huge difference)....

Cheers
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The RBS card is 4751 16 , but I knew I wasn't getting a cheque book or cheque guarantee card - out of interest what is the difference?

I noticed this morning they printed my name wrong on it LOL will get that sorted but no rush! I'm also not a "Mr" haha
            p
            In Niddy we trust

Comment

The RBS card is 4751 16 , but I knew I wasn't getting a cheque book or cheque guarantee card - out of interest what is the difference?

I noticed this morning they printed my name wrong on it LOL will get that sorted but no rush! I'm also not a "Mr" haha
              p
              Its not a full account, that is why I asked. See here: ---> http://www.rbs.co.uk/global/visa/g1/...ns.ashx#petrol

Basically its an offline card so suggests that you may have a step/key account. However, its still a debit card all the same.....

Comment

Thanks, aw darn it was hoping I could one day pay for train tickets with it, but to be fair no great shakes, haven't had an account I could do that with in while anyway

p
                In Niddy we trust

Comment

Where you been hiding for the last month? Are you quitting already...

Comment

Hi Niddy, I'm still around, not a deserter! Just no clearer what path I want to take so making usual min payments.

Taking a well-deserved break from panicking about my debts for a month or so and then back to work! It's SO nice not to have to think about everything for a bit but not burying my head in the sand!

p
                    x
                    In Niddy we trust

Comment

Hi Niddy, I'm still around, not a deserter! Just no clearer what path I want to take so making usual min payments.

Taking a well-deserved break from panicking about my debts for a month or so and then back to work! It's SO nice not to have to think about everything for a bit but not burying my head in the sand!

p
                      x
                      Hiya,

Glad you're alright - you do right to think and make the right choices, pointless rushing and then regretting, when at least you can think about your options and do it properly..

Keep us updated as and when you decide anything

Comment

Does anyone know which is best bank for basic accounts bearing in mind a ccj and defaults everywhere, when they do a credit sesrch Not RBS BOS or cooperative as i owe em.

Comment

Hiya, per this thread, I have an HSBC basic account. Can set up direct debits and have online banking but only a cash card.

The only downer is they will never upgrade this account unless you pass a credit check (never going to happen in my case lol).

hope that helps,
                          p
                          In Niddy we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejleeds View Post
                            Does anyone know which is best bank for basic accounts bearing in mind a ccj and defaults everywhere, when they do a credit sesrch Not RBS BOS or cooperative as i owe em.
                            You'll struggle as the main ones were RBS & CoOp so Barclays seems the main one, with a debit card left to you...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejleeds View Post
                              Nationwide is another, i just got a basic account with them.

Approved in 10 minutes, & i've got defaults & ccj.

Comment

is it called flex account i cant see any mention of basic

Comment

Working...
                                X