GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CIFAS Marker by Monzo Help! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIFAS Marker by Monzo Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS Marker by Monzo Help!

Hi there,

I'm looking for help in removing the CIFAS marker off my name.
    Not sure how to explain this but I'll try my best.

I recently bought a phone from someone for my Mrs on Facebook marketplace. It was 12th of June. My Mrs couldn't get used to the phone so after a few days we decided to sell it and get her the iPhone back because she is used to them.

The person that bought the phone from us on the 15th of June contacted us a week later on the 22nd June saying that the phone was now blocked and he couldn't use it anymore. He wanted to return the phone and get his money back. We had already bought another phone with that money and couldn't return the money to him and take the phone. We also needed to speak to the original seller first.
    My Mrs promised the guy that we will get in touch with the original seller and get back to him.

I texted the person the same day I bought the phone from and told him that the phone was now blocked. I need to return it. He chose to ignore all my messages and ended up blocking me. I went to his house the next day but there was no answer at the door. I also sent him another message from a different ID and left my phone number but he didn't get back to me.

The person that bought the phone from us started pestering us for an update. He also contacted the police and they confirmed that the phone has been reported stolen. We sent him screenshots of the conversations with the original seller scammer, sent his bank details , address and told him that it is unfortunate that this has happened but there isn't anything else we can do.

A few days later on the 27th of June I got an email from monzo saying that my account was being closed. Soon after couple of my other two accounts closed too. I didn't know what was going on and searched online and found out about CIfas marker.
    I requested the report From CIFAS and sure enough Monzo has put a marker on my name with misuse of facilities on the 04th of July.

I have contacted Monzo and requested more information about the marker but they have refused to send any information. However, they were happy for me to send them screenshots of the conversations I had. I sent them the screenshots of the conversations with both the original seller and the buyer.

I work full time and need a bank account to get my wages and pay the bills. I bought and sold the phone with good intentions. I wasn't the one that reported it stolen and then reported it for fraud. But I feel I'm the one getting punished for someone else's actions. Any sort of help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

p.s I have contacted the police today and they have given me the incident number which I have also passed on to Monzo.

send details to webmaster@all-abou-debt.co.uk reference to this thread who is best to advise
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Already have waiting on a response. Thanks

Comment

okay once he e it and able to respond he will patience are a virtue okay we are volounteers on here so have other duties in between
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Meantime suggest for peoples knowledge do a diary and up date it as and when action taken/received:-

Type: event?
          Date Commenced:
          Default:
          Balance:
          Last Paid:
          Owner:

Welcome by the way:-

Comment

Niddy is Away at the moment, but I am sure he will get in touch.

Comment

Appreciate the response guys. Understand we all have lives and other stuff to do. Take as long as you want I’m happy to wait.

Comment

I had the same situation with Halifax bank. Your problem is your bank didn't do any proper investigation before putting CIFAS marker. You should submit formal complaint to Monzo with all evidence and engage with them pro actively and provide them all documentary evidence. If that is not successful , you can go to CIFAS directly or Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

Bit of an update.
                  monzo has emailed me back saying that they have removed the marker from my name.
                  I sent them all the evidence I had.
                  no apology no compensation nothing.
                  happy tho that the nightmare is over.

Comment

Working...
                  X