GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Calling all first direct customers! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all first direct customers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all first direct customers!

over 600 page views across both sites...I'm starting to think this isn't happening to anyone else

that's good enough for me!

Comment

I just sent my full complaint off to the ICO with all correspondence to and from first direct and Equifax. In every instance when I asked Equifax to correct the data (which says 'In Arrears') they simply and pathetically just asked first direct. first direct just sent back a standard response each time, with exactly the same text:

"The company has investigated your query and have told Equifax that the information is correct and
      should remain unchanged."

There was no investigation into the details of my complaint whatsoever. Anyway, I can't see how the ICO would not uphold my complaint, but I will wait and see and not get my hopes up.

fingers crossed for my 2nd major battle with the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by jonboy75 View Post
        There was no investigation into the details of my complaint whatsoever. Anyway, I can't see how the ICO would not uphold my complaint, but I will wait and see and not get my hopes up.

fingers crossed for my 2nd major battle with the banks!
        Best of luck - me thinks you'll be disappointed at the ICO outcome - they will simply run behind SCOR

However, i'll remain optimistic for you....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Best of luck - me thinks you'll be disappointed at the ICO outcome - they will simply run behind SCOR

However, i'll remain optimistic for you....
          I fear you could be right, but I live in hope. They could even come back and say 'make sure you have enough money in your account and this won't happen', stating the fecking obvious like many MSE contributors.

It's funny how this is not even an issue for 95% of people as their banks dont report it. When (if) their banks do start reporting returned DDs, watch MSE go completely haywire with complaints.

Comment

I fear you could be right, but I live in hope. They could even come back and say 'make sure you have enough money in your account and this won't happen', stating the fecking obvious like many MSE contributors.

It's funny how this is not even an issue for 95% of people as their banks dont report it. When (if) their banks do start reporting returned DDs, watch MSE go completely haywire with complaints.
            Thus I don't frequent MSE - they allow too many arseholes to post on there.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i have a question. I want to challenge first direct over bank charges using the new arguments. It's not really about the money, it's more the principle and to see if a precedent can be set. Yes, difficult I know, but I'm willing to try.

I also want to challenge first direct under the Data Protection Act, for posting late payment markers for returned direct debits (see this thread for more).

My question is this...should I do this under 2 seperate MCOL claims, or just the 1?

ta muchly
              J

Comment

btw, I'm still waiting for a response from the ICO over the DPA issue. I want to get their verdict before going to court.

Comment

Try and keep things issued as specific individual claims unless you are planning on merging them anyway, which you wouldn't want to do - maybe best to do 2 claims, although at this stage its a risky game to consider taking HSBC to court - Carey (& others...), anyone? anyone?

Comment

Try and keep things issued as specific individual claims unless you are planning on merging them anyway, which you wouldn't want to do - maybe best to do 2 claims, although at this stage its a risky game to consider taking HSBC to court - Carey (& others...), anyone? anyone?
                    niddy

this would not be a CCA challenge, just bank charges and DPA

Comment

niddy

this would not be a CCA challenge, just bank charges and DPA
                      Hmmm, still, its not the sort of thing i'd jump into..... just my opinion of course. Unless reclaiming bank charges does involve taking action, in which case then you'd keep that separate from any DPA claim.

Have you considered a formal approach prior to claim, ie the regulatory bodies?

Comment

Hmmm, still, its not the sort of thing i'd jump into..... just my opinion of course. Unless reclaiming bank charges does involve taking action, in which case then you'd keep that separate from any DPA claim.

Have you considered a formal approach prior to claim, ie the regulatory bodies?
                        I'm waiting for a response from the ICO on the data issue. For the bank charges, I will go straight to court. No regulatory body will find against the banks over charges, following the Supreme Court case. Plus, I'm not in financial hardship, I just want to test the new arguments myself.

Comment

Crazy

Best of luck then

Comment

Crazy

Best of luck then
                            The DPA issue is the real one. I will drop the bank charges thing if they resolve the data issue

Comment

The DPA issue is the real one. I will drop the bank charges thing if they resolve the data issue
                              Anything to update....?

Comment

Working...
                              X