GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander 123 account advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander 123 account advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander 123 account advice

Thanks, Niddy. My card is looking tattered right now so Maybe I will call them soon and ask for a new one and see what they send me.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
      04 are the digits
      but online its say debit card xxxxxxx X2X. Santander I think are very cautious with anybody with a a default and cant wait to leave when my file is in better shape. It probably is a full authorisation card as they have only offer me insurance on their offer page for the last few years and it wont let me up my OD any higher. They don't trust on even though I have regular money going in each month. I have got a cheque book and a £3k plus overdraft from them, though.

On a receipt the Aid number is 31010 that I was told is offline!
      AiD doesn't come into it - MSE'rs seem to think it is important, it is not. It's only a way to communicate with the reader and card. Have a read here for details (I can't be arsed rewriting it all) --> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...5&postcount=32

Full thread - read it and you'll see that they dress Electron up as a full visa card when it's not - the 4 pics above confirm this as well.

Full MSE thread --> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...2602819&page=2
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
        Thanks, Niddy. My card is looking tattered right now so Maybe I will call them soon and ask for a new one and see what they send me.

Thank you
        Wait till after the upgrade occurs then ring and ask for the new contactless card - if they issue it you'll know because of the card number.... You cannot get contactless on the old electron styled cards. Staff at Santander don't know as much as me which is quite sad, so don't expect them to get it right but I can help you appeal it - I had the full card (bottom left) and they replaced it with an offline card (top right) so I complained and they sent the correct card (top left). Confused? Yep, but I know their cards and what can and cannot happen

So I had the full card as shown in bottom left photo, but I wanted contactless and they sent the card in top right - which is a backwards step - so I told them off and they then sent the right card (top left). The bottom right one was what they sent me first of all - I kept it a week then argued and got the full card (bottom left).
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy for the link. Ill give it a read and wait for the upgrade and let you know how it goes. It would be great to have your help if I have to appeal. Its pretty crappy that ive had an dressed up electron all this time!

Comment

upgraded the account. And I also have the top left card already
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SXGuy, did the upgrade happen automatically or did you get a message saying we will confirm with you in a few days if we can upgrade like I did?
              Is the 123 now showing on your online banking?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                upgraded the account. And I also have the top left card already
                has it gone straight through?

Comment

Nope, didn't go straight through, said they would email in a few days to confirm. haven't logged back in to check if its already been done though.

Couldn't remember my own login details so accessed it via the wifes joint account login, so it will be her email the confirmation goes to I imagine.

Cant see it not being accepted though, we meet all criteria and pay in over 2k a month, have all our utilities and communication direct debits set up in that account plus have a mortgage with them.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My wife has this account, over £350 in interest this year, cannot find anything better. Would recommend it, if you have plenty of spare cash!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Would recommend it, if you have plenty of spare cash!
                      Haha we're a debt forum remember mate -

Comment

Yes, I am in loads of debt, my wife isn't. Doesn't give me any though!

Comment

Haha love it

Comment

My wife puts me in debt lol always finding things we "need"

Comment

Niddy, you were correct of course. I have been upgraded to a 123 account this morning. My phone DD also went out today so don't know if I will get cash back for that. I will phone and ask for a new debit card soon and see what they come up with, Ive been with them years andall they gave me was a tarted up electron card!

Thank you for all your help. Im off on a small break to London so will update what Santander say when I get back x

Comment

Enjoy your break amberashjess
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X