GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OFT/Banks to make Refunds of over £149 million - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFT/Banks to make Refunds of over £149 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFT/Banks to make Refunds of over £149 million

How right this is, I dont know, but a post over at MSE says he/she was just awarded £14.000 for this....... seems a very extortionate amount to me for this??

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      How right this is, I dont know, but a post over at MSE says he/she was just awarded £14.000 for this....... seems a very extortionate amount to me for this??
      Do you have the MSE link to that post Di?

I'm not surprised at the amount if the unlawful interest added had been going on for months/years.

We're talking about £149 million here (the Daily Mail have speculated £600 million). This is not a small amount of money. This is a huge rip-off no matter how much the OFT wants to play it down in the press.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Do you have the MSE link to that post Di?

I'm not surprised at the amount if the unlawful interest added had been going on for months/years.

We're talking about £149 million here (the Daily Mail have speculated £600 million). This is not a small amount of money. This is a huge rip-off no matter how much the OFT wants to play it down in the press.
        It soon adds up doesnt it?

Here you go hun, post 9

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...2#post65028032

Comment

mm Di not sure I'm believing that post, it's a newbie and it's an awful lot of money for them to have managed to even add up (knowing their inadequacies in this department) so quickly after the OFT announcement, haven't heard of any other figures have we anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            mm Di not sure I'm believing that post, it's a newbie and it's an awful lot of money for them to have managed to even add up (knowing their inadequacies in this department) so quickly after the OFT announcement, haven't heard of any other figures have we anywhere?
            It does seem a VERY high about going by the amounts they said customers would be awarded, they say approx £300 and maybe some about £1,000, unless this person had a list amount of accounts lol xx

Comment

"Amount that was meant to be not "about" lol x

Comment

Just double checked now and its "Regulated" agreements £25K or less......

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  The banks will be making proactive refunds based on their own records. There is no need to make a claim.

Does anyone know whether the banks will simply credit the sum due to your account, or send you a cheque like PPI refunds?

What concerns me is what happens when the account has been sold on. Will the banks pay the money to the debt purchasers or direct to the original customer?
                  Sorry if already answered but basically typical refund rules apply so there are 3 scenarios

1. Account settled/closed /£0 owed = Cheque should be sent to the customer
                  2. Account in debt, still in house/not sold by absolute assignment = Money will be refunded to the account or in exceptional cases it may be sent via cheque
                  3. Account defaulted and sold by absolute assignment = Cheque should be sent to the customer
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Sorry if already answered but basically typical refund rules apply so there are 3 scenarios

1. Account settled/closed /£0 owed = Cheque should be sent to the customer
                    2. Account in debt, still in house/not sold by absolute assignment = Money will be refunded to the account or in exceptional cases it may be sent via cheque
                    3. Account defaulted and sold by absolute assignment = Cheque should be sent to the customer

thank you Niddy, mine are here and there lol one of mine sold to Cabot "Absolute" not in house, this is the bank account, so not sure if this is included. :-/

Comment

Bank accounts fall under s.74 so yes they should be.... (Unauthorised overdrafts)..
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy my issue now is though that's its with the Ombudsman "as you know" LOL will this issue have any affect on this matter? (thats if Lloyds are involved)? I think they are to be honest! lol.....

Comment

No it will not affect the ombudsman as this is a different type of reclaim, plus it's not relevant or linked to your argument at all.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            No it will not affect the ombudsman as this is a different type of reclaim, plus it's not relevant or linked to your argument at all.....
                            Goody! cheers Niddy!

Comment

Tried to add my attachments and accidentally applied the wrong one lol, so deleted it :-)

Comment

a litle cropped sorry lol......but are these details notices what they should be back in 2009 does anyone know please? thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X