GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 0% Balance Transfer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0% Balance Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0% Balance Transfer

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
    Well I tried with Santander and it did exactly as you said. Definitely a pre authorised limit set up as I tried £100 and that went through, then tried £1000 and that didn't. The maximum increase it would allow was £900. Like you said, it came up with a message saying I'd exceeded the maximum authorised limit on my account for anything over the £900.

Thanks again for the information, it's certainly interesting to know.

Just waiting now and will apply for the creation card as soon as I'm showing on the electoral roll again.

Cheers,
    Beefy.
    Nice one

I guess your old OD was £50 then? Mine was £0 - just thought earlier, oh I know, lets try it

So that's them just lost £1800 today in OD's to AADers
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well I tried with Santander and it did exactly as you said.
      would you really expect anything less....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If i didn't have Sainsbury's loan looming (rather looming than paying ), i think i would go for a BOS account in January (3 years default date) as Lloyds won't increase my overdraft. It's at £200 and provides the option to increase but then asks to call them. When i called them, the lady said it doesn't tell them the reason other than data from credit file is preventing it and to contact Experian.
        Ah well, where there is a will there is a way. Overdrafts are handy
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Nice one

I guess your old OD was £50 then? Mine was £0 - just thought earlier, oh I know, lets try it

So that's them just lost £1800 today in OD's to AADers
          No, it was £1400 which I've had for years.

Comment

No, it was £1400 which I've had for years.
            Then why would you apply for £900? I thought you said earlier you applied for £100 then £900 - why if you had a higher limit?

* confused

Comment

Then why would you apply for £900? I thought you said earlier you applied for £100 then £900 - why if you had a higher limit?

* confused
              Sorry I meant an additional £100 - £900

Comment

Ahh so your max was £2300. Ok sorry

Comment

Well thought I would see if I could get a new account after having 2 defaults added this month as well as some extra late payment markers...

The below proves that additional products are not always credit scored but based on INTERNAL score as the overlaying factor for acceptance. Obviously the credit card will run a full application but the bank account went straight through (applied at 3pm yesterday)....

I am a 123 customer, this is for a secondary current account (why??)!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bank_new.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1394498

Comment

I know when I changed my account they said I was pre-approved and my overdraft would remain the same. Had they have credit scored me at the time they would have removed the overdraft for sure!

It's strange how the banks systems work.

Comment

Well thought I would see if I could get a new account after having 2 defaults added this month as well as some extra late payment markers...

The below proves that additional products are not always credit scored but based on INTERNAL score as the overlaying factor for acceptance. Obviously the credit card will run a full application but the bank account went straight through (applied at 3pm yesterday)....

I am a 123 customer, this is for a secondary current account (why??)!!

[ATTACH]8826[/ATTACH]
                      Bump for missy

Comment

Working...
                      X