GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A friend/Lloyds TSB/Overdraft charges! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend/Lloyds TSB/Overdraft charges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A friend/Lloyds TSB/Overdraft charges!

Seen Andy today, Co op all sorted for his new bank, all the new direct debits are all set up and so on.

Unfortunately Lloyds did debit out those charges, but it may have crossed the letter, so I told Andy to keep a check on his account over the next few days, and check if they debit the amount back into the account.

Comment

Some good news on this one.

They refunded Andy just over £300, so he was refunded the charges back into his account and a little more as a goodwill gesture, so am chuffed to beans with this and it only taken me one letter.

Comment

Hi,

Just read this post and wanted to say well done for sorting this out

LTSB
        One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
        Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Well done Di, thats a great result
          I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Fantastic news Di

Hope he's taken the money out and put it in his new account!!
            Last edited by Pixie; 17 January 2011, 11:21.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you my friends.

Wish they were that quick when I were dealing with mine, lol, its always the same isn't it?

Cheers folks x

Comment

They were quick when dealing with my daughter's similar situation.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes i recall on you telling me now, well done with yours too honey!

I was actually expecting to send a follow on letter, and requested they refund him by the 14 days of the letter and they did so by the 10th day, he is over the moon it have been sorted and now starting afresh with a new bank - Co op.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Ooops I missed this thread, may be too late but hey-ho!!

Di, don't forget as this is benefits plus the lack of 30 days notice for charges notified to charges debited means they will refund it all, they just don't know it yet!!

If you don't get any joy gimme a shout and we'll get it sorted, my way!!
                    Just Querying here but is there a list of benefits that Banks can't take charges from.

eg DLA JSA ESA ????

If so is there anywhere where i could reference too?
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                      Just Querying here but is there a list of benefits that Banks can't take charges from.

eg DLA JSA ESA ????

If so is there anywhere where i could reference too?
                      Anybody?
                      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Hi Kilasuit,

Some think that banks cannot take charges from none means tested benefits such as Income Support etc... I don't believe this to be the case, and even if it is the banks get round it by using the term "administration fees" instead of charges.

What you can do however, is excercise the first right of appropriation to ringfence any money going into your account.

By far the easiest method is to open another account with a bank unrelated to your current one, and have your benefits paid into that, then you know for sure the bank cannot touch them.

Comment

I think you are correct there Casp. Plus I would reinforce and say it over and over again, when you enter a dispute of ANY kind with a bank,cc compnay whatever, always but always ensure that you have what is known as a "parachute acccount" at another bank that has no connections whatever with the bank you are in dispute with. Divert ALL incomings to that new account.

They do and WILL exercise their right to set-off with no notice at all and it is then you that has to through the aggravation of getting it back and some are not always successful either.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                            Anybody?
                            I think your talking about Social Security Administration Act 1992. This is a golden oldie so to speak so here is the quoted part from a Number 10 petition.

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Sections187and45 - epetition response | Number10.gov.uk

"The purpose of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 Section 187 and section 45 of the Tax Credits Act 2002 is to prevent people’s benefit money being at risk by it being assigned over to a third party in settlement of a debt. It is not intended to prohibit the application of bank charges. Bank charges are in the nature of an expense, and are incurred by the holder of the account; tax credits and benefits are payable in order to help customers meet their expenses, and as such it is legitimate for banks to deduct charges from the balance of an account held in that bank, whether the money paid into the account comes from tax credits, benefits or other sources, such as earnings."

Comment

Working...
                            X