GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How to get account numbers? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get account numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to get account numbers?

This is the way i always work.

If you get a letter asking for money, check these things.

1, Does the account number relate to anything you once had.
    2, do they make reference to who the debt either previously belonged to, or who their client is.
    3, do they give an amount of whats due
    4, are they asking you to contact them to update their details, or are they writing to you direct.

If i ever receive a letter, where it does not properly explain the debt to which it relates, i will ignore. They can not expect anyone to pay something they are unaware they owe, simple as that.

(Not that id pay them anyway but you get my point)

Dont ever give them info if they ask, they should already know.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      This is the way i always work.

If you get a letter asking for money, check these things.

1, Does the account number relate to anything you once had.
      The problem is this case is that question No. 1 cannot be answered, as the OP obviously hasn't kept records well enough to determine whether or not the account number does relate to anything. They say it MAY do.

I agree totally with SXGuy's post, though. That is exactly the criteria I would follow in deciding whether or not to respond to a threat.

In this case, I think ignoring is the best policy, even though something may match and the alleged debt may be genuine. This lot are obviously bottom of the barrel chancers who are mailing out on behalf of another DCA, with no knowledge themselves of what the alleged debt relates to.

SH

Comment

I was planning on sending the prove it letter, is this a good idea?

Perhaps I should just go for full and final settlement assuming the debt?

Remembering now... CapQuest a year or so back tricked me in to answering the phone saying to my mum that it was regarding a delivery, trick to get me to answer the phone as we tend to ignore anything asking for our money. I got on the phone and confirmed my name and address then was gonna just assume the debt and pay it but I had genuinely lost my card in a shop the cheeky bitch accused me of lying aswell.

I don't know what route to take because of the amount of information.
        Last edited by Flughesy; 7 December 2012, 02:33.
        There is more shadiness in the business world than in the criminal world.

Comment

I looked on credit expert too and it said bank default and capquest formerly FTC. Not that that enlightens me at all.
          There is more shadiness in the business world than in the criminal world.

Comment

Working...
          X