GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays CIFAS Mistake!? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays CIFAS Mistake!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays CIFAS Mistake!?

Hello all.

So earlier this year in January I had a CIFAS Marker loaded onto my file by Barclays and with a lot of persistence and dedication I fortunately managed to get them to agree to remove it.

I was told over the phone and received a letter in writing confirming this.

Fast forward to August, I start making plans to apply for bank accounts as I hadn’t been able to apply for one with the marker and I waited to sort out my credit score in the meantime.

I try to open an account with NatWest and initially they opened me an account but within 2 minutes I received an email saying they closed it. I asked for a review and I was told that they made the decision based on information they received from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and quoted CIFAS suggesting I should look into that.

I couldn’t believe it.. anyways so alarm bells ring and I request a DSAR from CIFAS, I get it back, lo and behold, the marker Barclays agreed to remove in Jan 2023 was still there. Fuming.

So I immediately ring Executive complaints and demanded for it to be removed and compensation, was told they’d investigate and someone would be in touch. Fast forward four weeks, I had to keep ringing in at the end of every week to find out what was going on because nobody would get in touch. I kept getting told the same thing each time.

Eventually someone says they’ll personally look into it and got in touch the next day.. he basically said he’s been in touch with the team who handles these markers that a colleague showed their screen to him and he could see no marker. He then said to check other agencies to see if there is a marker elsewhere and I said to him he’s waffling because Barclays was the only marker on my file so made no sense to look elsewhere. This was so frustrating and I said who else am I supposed to contact if it explicitly says Barclays!?

He kept on saying he could confirm it isn’t on there so I just gave up and asked for a final response to take to CIFAS.

I take it to CIFAS with same approach, removal and compensation. CIFAS then recommend to request a DSAR for latest report and I explain in Aug I had Barclays marker. The response was again to request new report, so I did that.

Surprise Surprise, marker was gone. I asked CIFAS when the Barclays marker was deleted and who by and they confirmed it was deleted 6th September 2023 by Barclays Bank PLC.

Clearly Barclays were trying to pull wool over my eyes and I really want them to be held accountable for all the damage, stress and inconvenience caused. It was supposed to have been removed in JANUARY!!

does anyone have any advice on how to approach this in terms of getting justice and compensation? I feel very aggrieved by this and Barclays didn’t even have the decency to tell me they made an error and hadn’t deleted it like they agreed to back in January. It’s a shambles to be honest and I don’t want to let them get away with it!!

Never-In-Doubt

Comment

Working...
    X