GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CIFAS Marker Help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIFAS Marker Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS Marker Help

I’m a 20 year old student, I was 19 at the time of receiving my CIFAS marker. Before all this happened I had no idea was being a money mule was ect. I was added on Snapchat and asked if I wanted to make some money, I was struggling financially at the time due to university so I jumped at the idea. I was told it would be simple that I’d just have to give some bank details and that they’d buy some Bitcoin through my account. (I was not told that anything illegal would happen) me being the dumb teenager I am, I accepted, I believe around 1000 was placed into the account.

Around 2 months later maybe 3 I got contacted by NatWest and told my bank of 20 years was closing on me. I was devastated and later found out that Monzo had placed a third party fraud facilitator onto me. I lied to Monzo in an attempt to get it removed because after I confronted the person on Snapchat about this they told me if i told anyone they would hurt me or my family. I blocked them after this.

After Monzo denied me, I of course asked CIFAS themselves. They too denied it, I also lied to them. I am severely depressed and upset with this marker it’s ruining my life. I almost had to leave uni because of it and I’ve caused financial strain on my father because of it. I’m extremely desperate and although I made what may seem like an obviously stupid thing to do to some. I was desperate and not thinking clearly. Please is there anything I can do, I’ve contacted FOS but am awaiting there response to get in contact. Please can someone help me remove this marker.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 January 2022, 06:54.

Have spaced posting as makes easier reading.

Never-In-Doubt

send above to:- Niddy:- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 January 2022, 09:43.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You've had a bank account since the year of your birth ????

Comment

My mother made me one pretty early on, I’d say I’ve had it a very long time exact date I cannot remember but maybe 20 years is a bit of an exaggeration. I wrote this post late at night whilst a bit drained and upset.

Comment

Working...
        X