GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Someone stole money from bank accounts over two years - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone stole money from bank accounts over two years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone stole money from bank accounts over two years

Someone stole money from my brother's bank accounts over two years (online) and transferred it into his own account 12 to 15k. He needs help and guidance that how to recover money. My brother thinks one of his friend transferred money into his account without his permission.
    Please help us and what to do now?

Hi

Just need to check, are you sure where the money went?
    How long ago was this?

The first thing the bank will say is how did this person get into your brothers bank account. I know even on my mobile anything over a certain figure needs a password even if it is to people I have paid before.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
      Hi

Just need to check, are you sure where the money went?
      How long ago was this?

The first thing the bank will say is how did this person get into your brothers bank account. I know even on my mobile anything over a certain figure needs a password even if it is to people I have paid before.
      We can see a person's name on the statement.
      Start from Nov 2018 till May 2020 but my brother doesn't see it until the end of Dec 2020 because he doesn't get paper bank statements.
      We don't know how he gets his password and login details.

Comment

Originally posted by alia View Post

Start from Nov 2018 till May 2020 but my brother doesn't see it until the end of Dec 2020 because he doesn't get paper bank statements.
        You need to report it to the bank and action fraud . This will almost certainly involve a police investigation which may be difficult for all concerned but it is a lot of money

Diana Mayhew Another alternative might be civil proceedings

Comment

Originally posted by alia View Post

I agree with Warwick that you should report this to Action Fraud which you can do online here > https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/how-to-report-fraud

You should also report it to the bank to avoid a CIFAS marker if they wrongly think your brother may have been involved in some way.

Does your brother know the person who's been doing this or is it identity theft?

(Apologies for my slow reply - I've only just seen your PM).

Di

Comment

Yes, He is his friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I agree with Warwick that you should report this to Action Fraud which you can do online here > https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/how-to-report-fraud

You should also report it to the bank to avoid a CIFAS marker if they wrongly think your brother may have been involved in some way.

Does your brother know the person who's been doing this or is it identity theft?

(Apologies for my slow reply - I've only just seen your PM).

Di
              Yes, He is his friend.

Comment

Working...
              X