GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Di

I think just for now a basic letter outlining your reasons why you where missold the product.

Would you like me to do a template later this evening ?
    Aww that would be lovely of you PF, but only if you have some spare time, thank you.
    I appreciate it very much x

Comment

Looks like travel insurance was included in all the packages, and I had pre existing med conditions, they were never at all mentioned, so this will be mentioned for sure.

Comment

Ok I should know this but as they have sooooooooo many addresses and depts I am getting confused lol.

Comment

Came across the FSA Link via Packaged accounts.......

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp11_20.pdf

Comment

Was thinking about sending letter directly to branch, but they are not much use and from my experience they never dealt with my matters, so will send to the main addy of:

Lloyds Banking Group,
            Customer Services
            BX1 1LT.

I assume it will be that one as it states on the complaints section of the website.

Comment

Letter posted yesterday, will give it a go, even if they reject I am not going to stop there either lol.

Comment

Good luck hun!!!

Comment

Thank you xx

Comment

Wonder what Lloyds could be thinking, ppi on all loans mis sold and there were many loans (oops), and now on to all the packaged accounts..............

lol, even a close mate of mine is dealing with some banking/assurance issues with them............oh deary me

Right well they did receive my letter a few days back and I take it like any other complaint, that I should receive a confirmation by 5 working days. Sooooooo that should be this coming week.
                    Wonder what excuses they will find to try getting out of this one, there isn't any really! LOL!!!

Comment

we had one of the very first RBS royalties accounts, wonder if it's worth while giving it a go?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        we had one of the very first RBS royalties accounts, wonder if it's worth while giving it a go?

I can't see why not MrsD.

Go for it.

Comment

They were quick and it was the letter I expected to receive........but I am going to write back, as I do feel they have missed the point here.

Does anyone know of an official write up that I can take a copy and print of please, I can then enclose it with the follow on letter?

Cheers.

Letter below, it was however addressed to hubby and not me, despite us having joint accounts lol.

.................................................. ....................................

Dear

Our Ref ******

I am concerned to hear about the problem you've had with your Premier Account. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we've caused you.

My understanding of your complaint is:

You feel you were mis sold the account.
                          You feel that you would not have been able to take advantage of the travel insurance.
                          You were not aware of the benefits of the account.
                          You want us to refund your account fees and charges.

I am sorry that you feel the account products we have designed for our customers were not of advantage to yourselves. I have looked into your account usage, and I understand that the account was changed over the years as follows:

31 January 1996 - The Premier Banking Service
                          At some point the Premier Banking Service was converted to a Gold Service Account.
                          11 August 2005 - Your Gold Service legacy account was converted to modern Platinum Account.
                          4th May 2007, your Platinum account was converted to a Premier Account.
                          8th October 2009 Account closed.

This shows that you had the top product in 1996 and have come full circle back to the top product in 2007.

I can see from your statements that you drive a car, therefore the AA cover at at very least would have been condsiderable benefit to you. Customer's are not required to use any of the benefits of these accounts.
                          However, the fact that you could benefit from such cover as the AA cover account was suitable for you.

I also note there have been many changes of account. You have had experience of these type of accounts since 1996. The legacy accounts, for instance the Gold Service, provided fee free interest, earned on the provision that the account balance was kept above £2500.

These accounts have almost all been phased out and the modern account (i'e. Premier) with added product benefits have replaced them.

I hope I've explained why I believe we haven't made a mistake. I appreciate that my decision may not be the one you wished for, but I hope that you understand the reasons for it.

I appreciate the trouble you have taken to get in touch with us. I hope I've explained what has happened and fully answered the points you've raised.

I am very keep to make sure I have resolve your complaint fairly. If you feel I've misunderstood your complaint or have further details you think I should know, please do not hesitate to come back to me.

If you have any questions about my reply or have further information to add, I will be very pleased if you call me personally on Tel ***********

Yours sincerely

Customer Services.

.................................................. ..............................

Well well well, they have missed half of my reasons I've given, and have totally missed the point lol, so will be sending another letter to tell them so , as I have the opportunity to do so.

Comment

Oh dear, sorry about the large writing above post....... lol oops.

Comment

In regards of the above letter, I have done another, will try to attach it here when I get the printer to be my friend again lol.

I'm not at all worried about this first rejection, as I expected this, it is sort of newish to the banks really, but I have made it clear to them that they ignored my main reasons, and explained I already had sufficient cover in place that was sufficient to us, on all account packages sold to us.
                              I even told them to refer to the statements that will prove this.
                              It appears they must have the details as from 1996 because his letter confirms he been checking through them lol.

Arh well round 2 here we come!

I have emailed the FSA as well, to ask them our rights on making a complaint reclaim on these products now, but do not expect a response for some time.
                              I could have used anything they say and write that backs it up to enclose a copy within the letter.
                              Last edited by di30; 20 August 2012, 13:10. Reason: missed info

Comment

Not heard anything since up to now since they received my follow up letter with further info.........see what the weekend postie brings.

Comment

Working...
                                X