GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Quick hello - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick hello

Still having problems with interwobbly, First locked out of my Email's after I tried to get this site to work properly. Then I still can't quote post's or go advanced cos I get a fatal error warning or directed to Niddy publishing and no further.

This isn't a rant, I will be on to techies tomorrow cos I an frustrated I cant take part in All About properly.
    So to all who know me and those who don't yet another big Hi.

Regards, Handy. (still Grinning) .
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Sorry your having problems Handy, can you post on Anything goes chat thread

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...3105#post53105

I don't want your posts getting lost x
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks for that If. I will try over there. I have a screen shot of the error message. I will try to post that tomorrow on the techie thread, I'm sure it's something to do with my ISP. When I get it sorted I will be as big a pain in the A here as I am next door. LOL.
        Regards Handy.
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Thanks for that If. I will try over there. I have a screen shot of the error message. I will try to post that tomorrow on the techie thread, I'm sure it's something to do with my ISP. When I get it sorted I will be as big a pain in the A here as I am next door. LOL.
          Regards Handy.
          So frustrating and I'm hopeless with computers, so can't offer advice!!

Your never a pain Handy, we love ya x

Comment

Hi If, I don't know if this means anything? but in order to get throught the link you sent me I had to sign in again X2 Now when I look at who's on my name has gone from light grey type to black? Is this my imagination or have I fallen foul of some security?
            If anyone knows don't answer on thread!!!!

Now if I can only find where the smilies are hiding, I'm missing my Handyman Grin. LOL.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

Handy top of the forum is Site Feedback, have a read and see if any advice there helps, I'll let Niddy know too x

Comment

Hi If, I don't know if this means anything? but in order to get throught the link you sent me I had to sign in again X2 Now when I look at who's on my name has gone from light grey type to black? Is this my imagination or have I fallen foul of some security?
                If anyone knows don't answer on thread!!!!

Now if I can only find where the smilies are hiding, I'm missing my Handyman Grin. LOL.

Regards, Handy.
                Light grey is a guest / black is a logged in registered user so this is perfectly normal..... As for the problems connecting, you should try the following: I have also emailed this to you....

Originally posted by stevieb
                It seems that there are a lot of ISP's that are _still_ failing to update their dnscache.
                Talk Talk / Tiscali being the main one (even though I have spoken to their NOC and they promise me they have refreshed, which I know for a fact they haven't)

so for a quick rundown for ease of them being useless

on xp.

right click on the relevant network connection by the clock bottom right of the screen.
                click status
                in the box that pops up click properties
                in the next box that pops up highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) then click properties
                in the final box that pops up
                check the use the following dns servers, then the two numbers are :
                preferred dns : 8.8.8.8
                alternate dns : 8.8.4.4
                click ok job done.

on Vista / windows 7

open network sharing centre
                on the left hand side click on manage network connections _OR_ manage wireless connection
                this opens up network connections
                right click on the relevant network connection you are using
                in the box that pops up click properties
                in the next box that pops up highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) then click properties
                in the final box that pops up
                check the use the following dns servers, then the two numbers are :
                preferred dns : 8.8.8.8
                alternate dns : 8.8.4.4
                click ok job done.

if you are using mac 0SX sorry I dont use macs anymore so I cannot remember the way around them. but the principle should be the same as above.

if you are using linux then you should be more than capable of changing the DNS servers that your connection uses and if you are using your ISP's servers you really need to go back to basics on linux, and learn about running bind, and then only using forwarders
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all, I have now done as suggested, seems to be better. So firstly Good Morning everybody.
                  Regards, Handy.

Comment

Hi all, I have now done as suggested, seems to be better. So firstly Good Morning everybody.
                    Regards, Handy.
                    woohoo - you're back - hello Mr H

I have missed your tales from Handy Hall you know....

Lots of catching up to be done by you (lol)
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy, yes a few tales to tell about Hooray Hall and her Ladyship, things don't alter much.
                      Mrs Handy came out with a good one the other day.

Her Ladyship is going to a weekly Art Class, expensive and run by a local Artist for wealthy women with little else to do with their time.

One of the exercises was to do a self portrait of yourself pulling a funny face, Lady Hooray brought hers home with her.

She proudly showed it to Mrs Handy, "what do you think" she said. Mrs H replied "that's brilliant you have got Alfred Hitchcock absolutely perfect"

If she wanted to draw a funny face she should have drawn herself at that moment.

I had to choke back my laughter and get out quickly.

Back in a while with more updates,
                      Regards, Handy.

Comment

Working...
                      X