GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Last post 2016. Is it really that long ago? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last post 2016. Is it really that long ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last post 2016. Is it really that long ago?

Hi all Handyman MK2 here. Oh for the days when I was just Handyman of Hooray Hall and telling stories about Lord and Lady Hooray.
    Well I'm still at the Hall as the faithfull old retainer. I'm just a little greyer and slower as I once was. The knee replacment creakes most mornings and I have to keep a can of WD40 on my bedside table.
    Mrs Handy passed away a few years ago and if anyone wants to discuss dementia then Handy's your man because I had to become expert in a very short time.
    Lady Hooray is still fit and well and fiesty as ever, keeps me busy because during lockdown she learned how to turn her mobile phone on and order from Amazon. Shame she doesnt check the quantity box as we had 36 jars of coffee turn up on Tuesday. No complaints here though when she orders 3 cases of Irish Whiskey. well it would be a shame if she had to drink it alone.
    So regards to all here. I hope to be back soon with more news and stories from the hall.

Hi Handy,

So nice to hear from you again.
    So sorry to hear of Mrs handys passing, dementia is a soul destroying waiting game, for a peaceful end.

glad lady hooray has you to help her with the whiskey.

In my news. Mr nightwatch had a massive stroke in May 2021, robed him of dignty in the toilet department, travels on wheels in a comfortable chair and is unable to speak, the odd grunt and a lispy Yes or no, but there again, he didn't get the chance to say more than that before it.

He now resides in a nice nursing home, I visit 3/4 days a week to keep the staff on their toes and give him the news from the world outside, his brain may be damaged in parts, but he still understands whats going on , just can't give his opinion on anything.

Keep oiling the joints

NW x
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry to hear that NW. Seems like in the last few years I have lost a few Virtual freinds, some that were here and on MSE back in the old days. I still see posts from some of the old mob on FB. Families are growing up and we are all getting older. I should be due to retire soon but as theres no age limit on my employment at Hooray Hall and as my pention pot leaks like a sieve I should be thankfull. Still the hall and grounds keep me pretty busy and gainfully employed. Not a week goes by without something breaking or Lady Hooray almost getting scammed. doesnt matter how many times I tell her if she gets a text or phonecall do nothing untill I have checked it out. With times getting hard and as we are fairly remote we don't get much chance to leave the property.

Again for the second time in my life I find that I have another ready-made family. Keeping it all together and on the right path keeps me on my toes.
      Not much of Old Lord Hoorays family are left or visit these days. Still when they do its a good opportunity to raid the old Lords wine celler, well I have to make sure the 50YO Port hasnt corked.

If I were to do my old Handyman of Hooray Hall thread where would be the best place to post?
      I'm sure that I could still raise a giggle and in these dark times we all need a smile.
      Regards to all, Handy.

Comment

Here in the general chat forum would be a good place.

I look forward to the 1st installment
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X