GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Benefits of Lockdown - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benefits of Lockdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits of Lockdown

This is not a party political point at all just a lighter look at the benefits of being stuck at home all day- anyone is welcome to add

1) I am saving a fortune- On my relatively meagre income which has also taken a hit of about £300 a month, I am still managing to buy all the food for the house , pay all my bills , treat myself to little things like a new office chair to work from AND pay off huge amounts of my credit cards (Well actually they are on 0% so i am saving the money and making regular payments).

Anyone else want to add

I suppose I should add I spend all day with the dear beloved but I am not sure that is a benefit

Sadly lockdown is over for me, been back in the race for 3weeks. But the 6 weeks off certainly gave me time to recharge and rethink priorities, and I’m pleased to report DP’s and DCA’s remain firmly at the bottom.

Comment

Working from home - saving £250 per month on petrol, saving on lunches, gym membership etc and of course saving £500 per month not paying creditors while I wait for CCAs.

Not missing he 2 hours a day commuting and i'm spending loads more time with my new baby daughter; however I have not seen my older daughter for 8 weeks; but apart from that i'm loving lockdown.

Comment

My grand children live 160 miles away and usually stay school holidays we have not seen them this year so far
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          My grand children live 160 miles away and usually stay school holidays we have not seen them this year so far
          yes my daughter lives 100 miles away - lucky we have facetime but its still tough

Comment

My daughter works in a care home, they have one case but luckily they have another building and that patient is isolated within it, Daughter states that she felt un well and called a number an ambulance arrived within minutes and did test, which turned out to be a minor flue hence the symptoms luckily, but it seems they all there have been given a priority number as care assistants should fever etc appear
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It certainly focuses the mind on what is and isn't important.
              My mother loved the War Years! Curious isn't it but it takes a crisis to make you enjoy the present moment!
              All the best to you wonderful people at AAD!!
              Looking at the Diaries you can see the differences that this site makes to people!!
              Last edited by Roger; 21 May 2020, 15:42. Reason: typos

Comment

I came home today after 8 weeks away (don't tell the insurance company) to find a statement from one creditor and a change of terms and conditions from another - both long gone SB. I am not sure what Santander think they will achieve by sending me a statement every 12 months (apart from costing them money hehe)

Comment

Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post
                  Working from home - saving £250 per month on petrol, saving on lunches, gym membership etc and of course saving £500 per month not paying creditors while I wait for CCAs.

Not missing he 2 hours a day commuting and i'm spending loads more time with my new baby daughter; however I have not seen my older daughter for 8 weeks; but apart from that i'm loving lockdown.
                  Really nice you can spend time with your new daughter

Should you pronounce Daughter the same way you pronounce laughter

Comment

For me lockdown is like every other day
                    Hubby is still driving me potty, but now I can't send him to the shops for 5 min peace and quiet,
                    he said he was going to spend an Hour a day working in the garden,
                    He didn't say what day or what hour, so hasn't started yet, unless it was last week when he sat there with a drink.

Comment

I think we may need to revive this thread

Di

Comment

Ok I will update,

8 months from my last post.

Hubby has still not done a thing in the garden.
                        Had to get a young man in to sort the front garden out, cost a fortune but it had to be done, thought we had a family of pygmy's living in the long grass. Hubby wasn't happy with the cost so said he would finish the hedge and garden at the side and tidy the back garden,

we now have a wonderfully wildlife wonderland, I wonder why we bought any garden tools, the wisteria has eaten an extension ladder, it is now also strangling the electric pole, looked good in flower though.

kitchen sink blocked, it took him 2 weeks to fix it,but the pipe under the sink is now held up by a bread bin, till he is sure its not leaking, will do it tomorrow, then the outside drain was running slow to drain, still not fixed (6 months) doing it tomorrow.

nuff said, for now.

Comment

Ah! Tomorrow never comes

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            Ah! Tomorrow never comes
                            His very nearly didn't!!

and if he says " Oh God" much more I am considering sending him to see if he does exist ..

Comment

I’m struggling to find positives atm. OH is a teacher and spends 12 hours a day either teaching , marking or preparing. I’m trying to study in the settee and as soon as I finish OH comes in to work doing prep so I can’t even relax. Anyone got a spade

Comment

Working...
                              X