GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help with car please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with car please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with car please

i had a new auxillary belt fitted in September this year and last night my car broke down completely flashing dashboard the lot - steering went so pulled into Lidl and called the green flag they looked under the bonnet and the belt looked like a cat had been caught in there fluff all over .

We got this fitted at Wilco and not happy that its lasted only 3 months .

Any one else think this is not long enough .

Thank you

I don't think its log enough, did the bloke from greenflag not say anything ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Still covered under warranty. Up to Wilco to fit a replacement FOC, unless caused by a problem with the pulley. Talk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        Green flag it should have lasted at least 3 years and to speak to Wilco - hubby phoned them and they didn't want to know said must be our car something wrong . They wanted us to take the car to them to check it over but we had no power and couldn't leave it in Lidl car park over night so Green flag towed it to a garage where we get our MOT done as it wouldn't start it was completely dead .

He explained this to Wilco but they said well there isn't anything we can do then - but my husband wrote to the head office and sent photos of the belt and they wrote back to say that we could have a refund if we went in MOnday which we did and we got the full refund of the belt and the labour .
        So happy with this result - but we had to pay for a new belt again at our regular garage so not out of pocket .

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          Green flag said it should have lasted at least 3 years and to speak to Wilco - hubby phoned them and they didn't want to know said must be our car something wrong . They wanted us to take the car to them to check it over but we had no power and couldn't leave it in Lidl car park over night so Green flag towed it to a garage where we get our MOT done as it wouldn't start it was completely dead .

He explained this to Wilco but they said well there isn't anything we can do then - but my husband wrote to the head office and sent photos of the belt and they wrote back to say that we could have a refund if we went in Monday which we did and we got the full refund for the belt and the labour .
          So happy with this result - but we had to pay for a new belt again at our regular garage so not out of pocket .

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            Still covered under warranty. Up to Wilco to fit a replacement FOC, unless caused by a problem with the pulley. Talk to them.
            Hi- we had it fixed at our regular garage and they checked that the pulley was okay and all is okay - as above which posted four times we got a refund from Wilco lol
            thank you for the reply and also thank you to nightwatch too

Comment

Working...
            X