GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Combining debts for a CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining debts for a CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining debts for a CCJ

Can they do this.

I am dealing with Lowell and some of the debts date from 2015 but have been included on the claim form .

So annoyed, sone of it I don’t know about so have to ask some questions…not sure all this debt is mine. I did have someone staying here for a while who could have taken some bits out in my name. Wouldn’t put that beyond her.

Fill out for each alledged debt you know of being mentioned for starters.
    • Approx balance at default:-
    • Default -
    • Last payment:-
    • Status -
    • Debt Assigned to:-
    • Who are Owners of the alledged debt? DCA/Debt buyer
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 June 2022, 11:40.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello and thank you.

debt 1 is £263 ar default by the looks of it and from 30.10.15 so nearly 7 years ago. Not sure about this one and it has been assigned to Lowell. They’ve had it since 2018

debt 2 £284 from 17.03.16 and allocated to Lowell in 2018….this could be the one which was taken fraudulently but not sure.

debt 3 is £263 from 25.11.16 and I have no idea when the last payment was made to it. Pretty sure this is mine and it fits with a period of time out of work. However it’s for a Luma card which I don’t recall ever having. Lowell have had it since 21.02.2019.

debt 4 is again from 19.07 2015 and I don’t think I owe this, it’s for a mobile phone and the balance is £620 , Lowell have had it since November 2019

now I am pretty certain the earliest ones may have been mine as I had a period of time where life was bloody awful but can’t see I would have taken out two mobile contracts within a few months of each other.

Lowell have totalled them all together for a CCJ. Can they do this?

unfortunately I have no information about when they had a last payment.

Lowell have taken over all of them. They have contacted me but quite honestly I’ve ignored them given how old the debts are. Life isn’t great financially but the last thing I need is a CCJ!

Now I get this claim in the post and not sure what to do.

Comment

Colin G Quinn have a word with him
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

look around the site and see how to use the diaries.

Comment

Hi
            is it Court papers you have received, OR a Letter before Claim, which has lots of tick boxes and gives 30 days to reply?

Or just a letter threatening they are going for a CCJ.

and NO they can't lump them together, but they will try anything to get you to contact them.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM or talk to them. just yet.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I’m going to ring debt help UK in the morning. I think I’m going to be saying I don’t owe this until I have further proof about what is owed.

They are actual court papers

Comment

do it the proper way, if court papers respond and tick defend all that is it , that gives more time to get a defence to-gether, do not think they will just go away.

jusrt ringing and saying you do not owe debt :- it is up to you to prove it and them to prove you do. keep to our proceedure or problems will arise.
                contact Colin G Quinn and have a free 1st consulation on this and you get better idea of the way to go about this one send copy of court form to him.

Comment

CPR 31:14 - Inspect Document Request (CCA not Sent) if told to on here send this (no charge) to solicitors get free proof posting. requesting items mentioned only on N1 court form.

no te;ephone calls to them unless advised on here (Phone jockeys other end). all in writing and keep a date file of all communications.
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 6 June 2022, 07:31.

Comment

Have you at some point in time, received the LBC, (letter before claim) for these debts?
                    Have you made any payment's to them in the last 5/6 years?

this is important to know.

Comment

Thanks all. As far as I know there have been no payments made in the past six years. I think one of them may have been taken out fraudulently in my name by someone who is now deceased. I can’t prove that definitely until I see paperwork.

I will take a look around the site and send the appropriate letters. Definitely going to defend this until I have further information.

And yes I did get a letter before action and I ignored it as I didn’t recognise the debts and they were so old I didn’t think they could chase them anyway.

Every day a school day eh?

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Thank you, yea I’ve written the letters and sent them. What happens if they don’t return stuff in time for the date?
                          I’ve worked out that 4th July is 28 days + 5 for postage.
                          much calmer but so surprised that have done this now after years of nothing.
                          they are now messaging me about other stuff but lots I don’t recognise and at least one debt that I dispute.

Comment

Have you at some point in time, received the LBC, (letter before claim) for these debts ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

confusing you have a letter if claim from the courts form N1??????????????????

(if so any defence if at point of submission would state:- on such a date xxxx request for CCA accompanied with £1 postal oredr made - no response

any other CPR31.14 request no charge nothing received - outstanding requets.. must have a diary and factual info please.

??????Approx balance at default:- this format:-
                            • Default -
                            • Status -

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              Have you at some point in time, received the LBC, (letter before claim) for these debts ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

confusing you have a letter if claim from the courts form N1??????????????????

(if so any defence if at point of submission would state:- on such a date xxxx request for CCA accompanied with £1 postal oredr made - no response

any other CPR31.14 request no charge nothing received - outstanding requets.. must have a diary and factual info please.

??????Approx balance at default:- this format:-
                              • Default -
                              • Status -
                              I wish so many new users would not dribble out snippets of information piecemeal. It helps nobody if diaries with the pertinent information history are not forthcoming. Makes it near impossible to suggest courses of action.

Comment

Working...
                              X