GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Offered a Settlement amount but Debt Collector requested I fill in a budget planner - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offered a Settlement amount but Debt Collector requested I fill in a budget planner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offered a Settlement amount but Debt Collector requested I fill in a budget planner

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with my debts.

However I tried to offer my Debt Company a payment increase after they sent a letter to contact them. I also offered a full and final settlement amount to them that I could possibly borrow based on other offers I have received.

They have replied saying they will accept a full and final settlement offer but only if I complete a budget planner.

Is that enforceable?

Do I have any other options as they will likely say I have more spare income than the amount I offered and have to pay even more (with no final settlement offer) leaving nothing for any buffer in case of emergencies that may arise in my world.

Many Thanks,
    DannyBoy

.. information duplicated elsewhere, deleting post ...

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy7 View Post
      I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with my debts.
      However I tried to offer my Debt Company a payment increase after they sent a letter to contact them. I also offered a full and final settlement amount to them that I could possibly borrow based on other offers I have received.
      They have replied saying they will accept a full and final settlement offer but only if I complete a budget planner.
      Is that enforceable?
      Do I have any other options as they will likely say I have more spare income than the amount I offered and have to pay even more (with no final settlement offer) leaving nothing for any buffer in case of emergencies that may arise in my world.
      Many Thanks,
      DannyBoy
      Only a court can force you to complete an income & Expenditure budget
      But at this time you are at least six years away from this Debt being Statute Barred that's 2027.
      Have you a diary entry for this Debt?
      They may now try to sue because you offered an increase in payments AND a Full Settlement so they know you have money!!

So if you have a Diary entry please indicate this Debt If Not

Can you supply the following
      • Type of account
      • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
      • Approx balance £
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
      • Are you on arrangement or not
      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
      This information will help in advising or otherwise
      Last edited by Roger; 24 October 2021, 16:41.

Comment

The OP seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          The OP seems to have disappeared.
          @dannyboy7

It sad really because the OP is acting as I would have done before coming to AAD.

But he has told them I want to increase payment AND to settle.
          WHICH IS SAYING I HAVE MONEY!
          Their response is OH have you well lets see if we can SUE you or otherwise for the full 100% plus Costs if necessary now you can afford this!

The best way is to plead poverty and ALWAYS let the DBA come to you!
          My response to a DBA's request for I&E update is to say

"..
          Thank you for your concern over my financial position well as you know COSTS have all gone up with INFLATION but my Income hasn't so there really is NO need for I&E update other than its far worse Now.
          AS you will appreciate my present difficult financial hardship is causing stress and concern.
          I am grateful for your concern for my well being and will accordingly be halving my current payment!
          .."

This often opens the door to very low F&F offers!!

However AAD encourages US to treat each Debt separately and no two debts are identical!
          Divide and Conquer
          A good Diary helps Good decisions!!
          Good decisions give Peace of Mind and control over Our Debts and Our Lives!

Real pity the OP has vanished!

Comment

Working...
          X