GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Letter before Claim? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter before Claim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter before Claim?

Hi!

I've received what I think is a 'Letter Before Claim' from a company called Civil Enforcement Limited for an alleged parking infringement.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

BTTT

Comment

Perhaps take a look here? https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/civil-enforcement/
      sorry can’t be anymore help

Comment

Thanks, Timewilltell

I've uploaded the redacted letter from CEL - I don't think it is a Letter before Claim but I'm not sure. I've also sent a SAR to CEL to see what they know.
        Attached Files

Comment

So what did they initially send you? Where were you parked? How long ago did this alleged offence happen?

Comment

I wouldn’t send a SAR to them.

Comment

Have you looked on here? https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...appeal-process

Comment

They've sent a number of Parking Charge Notices, solicitors letters, etc.. I've been doing the usual AAD strategy of no engagement.

They allege the offence (overstaying in a fast food outlet car park) took place in August 2020 but the first PCN was not issued until about 9 weeks later. As I understand it, they are required to send the PCN within 14 days, if no windscreen ticket was issued (it wasn't).

I've appealed via their website.

I am curious to know whether their letter actually is a 'Letter Before Claim' or whether it is simply a scare tactic. Bottom line, do I need to respond to it or ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                  Yes - I've found a few different resources which are helping me sort my response:

1 - SAR
                  2 - Appeal

Comment

Working...
                  X