GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for that, it does help.

The letter you have just received, did it have a section for replying, filling out an income and expenditure form or anything like that, or was it just a single page letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
      Thank you for that, it does help.

The letter you have just received, did it have a section for replying, filling out an income and expenditure form or anything like that, or was it just a single page letter?
      Hi, thanks, just a one page letter. I forgot to mention that I also received a notice of sums in arrears from them on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by Toots View Post

Hi, thanks, just a one page letter. I forgot to mention that I also received a notice of sums in arrears from them on the same day.
        It's good to know it is just a one page letter so as mentioned earlier it is not a letter of claim. It is also good that the account was opened in 2005 - can you remember at all about how it was opened? Maybe it was an online tick box or maybe it was a paper copy you had to sign

Comment

It's good to know it is just a one page letter so as mentioned earlier it is not a letter of claim. It is also good that the account was opened in 2005 - can you remember at all about how it was opened? Maybe it was an online tick box or maybe it was a paper copy you had to sign
          Hiya, it was a signed form. Not online.

Comment

That's even better because they would really need to provide a genuine copy of the signed form with all the correct terms and conditions attached. If they couldn't and you could provide a convincing narrative as to why you did not sign the full agreement then they are stuffed. It could be that you signed an application form that did not have the full terms and conditions.

I know one of my loans was good (for me) in that even though it was signed they had included the arrangement fee in the total rather than calculated it separately ( I think that was why it was UE)

We are here if you do get a letter of claim .

Comment

That's even better because they would really need to provide a genuine copy of the signed form with all the correct terms and conditions attached. If they couldn't and you could provide a convincing narrative as to why you did not sign the full agreement then they are stuffed. It could be that you signed an application form that did not have the full terms and conditions.

I know one of my loans was good (for me) in that even though it was signed they had included the arrangement fee in the total rather than calculated it separately ( I think that was why it was UE)

We are here if you do get a letter of claim .
              Thanks Warwick. Appreciate your time. I'll wait to see what they do next. Does a letter of claim have a certain format? Or, is it a we're taking you to court letter?

Comment

Usually 4-5 pages incl income etc
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  Usually 4-5 pages incl income etc
                  Thank you.

Comment

Well Cabot are responsible for the S.77 CCA (plus £1) and this likely to be a real headache let me explain a great deal has happened since 2005 including BOS becoming involved then HBOS. That chain of ownership itself raises questions.
                    There are other significant documents that might be difficult to evidence after this time.
                    I include Default and Termination Notices (and whether these can be raised by BOS or HBOS?)

Cabot Ownership from June 2019 - that's 3 years ago!
                    You are a long way away from a CCJ.

Normally AAD would have recommended sending that CCA request by now.
                    You might wait and see what happens next from Cabot but if it was me I would send for the CCA S.77/78 (plus £1) to Cabot at this stage.
                    Others may have other opinions

Comment

Who is now the actual owner of this debt?
                      Which part of Cabot is threatening you? The letter heading is - Cabot (something, something, something). ? What ?

If it's Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, as I understand it, they are not FCA authorised and so cannot lawfully issue legal proceedings.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Well Cabot are responsible for the S.77 CCA (plus £1) and this likely to be a real headache let me explain a great deal has happened since 2005 including BOS becoming involved then HBOS. That chain of ownership itself raises questions.
                        There are other significant documents that might be difficult to evidence after this time.
                        I include Default and Termination Notices (and whether these can be raised by BOS or HBOS?)

Cabot Ownership from June 2019 - that's 3 years ago!
                        You are a long way away from a CCJ.

Normally AAD would have recommended sending that CCA request by now.
                        You might wait and see what happens next from Cabot but if it was me I would send for the CCA S.77/78 (plus £1) to Cabot at this stage.
                        Others may have other opinions
                        Thanks Roger, I can't remember why I didn't send a CCA to them in the first place. There are couple of different opinions, but I guess I have to decide one way or the other. Would it hurt the process if I did send one?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                          Who is now the actual owner of this debt?
                          Which part of Cabot is threatening you? The letter heading is - Cabot (something, something, something). ? What ?

If it's Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, as I understand it, they are not FCA authorised and so cannot lawfully issue legal proceedings.
                          Hi Still Waving, at the bottom of the letter it says Cabot Financial (Europe) appointed rep of Cabot Credit Management Group Ltd.

Comment

Still Waving is correct but as per your entry there are gaps in your records
                            "..
                            Big jump from 2008 to 2012 where I don't have any documentation regarding defaults etc.
                            .."

The CABOT documentation that is pertinent here will be between these periods
                            " ..
                            9/5/19 account transferred to HBOS
                            14/6/19 first letter from Cabot introducing themselves
                            .."
                            This is where you need to check for which Cabot Company was assigned the Debt from HBOS?

But you should also be aware that there may well be Assignment or otherwise issues from AA Loan's through BOS and HBOS!

The CCA74 Act over the years since 1974 has been tweaked and changed with significant differences particularly in these earlier years.
                            Doesn't it strike you as curious that the BOS; HBOS didn't sell this Debt earlier? That Cabot also have let this drift since 2019.

Cabot are responsible for your CCA S.77/78 (plus £1) request. The AAD template doesn't acknowledge the Debt and therefor will not restart the Statute Bar Clock!
                            The Account will be UE until they can supply a EN CCA and this could prove difficult for them

Comment

The point that struck me in the original diary detail was -

From this distance it looks to me as if the account was transferred (assigned ??) to HBOS who, a few weeks later, engaged Cabot to act on their behalf. The issue for me is that the terminology used by the OP may be a little too vague, and it depends on the precise wording in the letters.

Did the 9/5/19 letter say the account was assigned to HBOS?
                              In the 14/6/19 letter, how did Cabot introduce themselves? As the new owners of the debt? Or appointed by HBOS to arrange collection of the debt?

Apologies if I am muddying matters which have already been thrashed out and clarified.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                                The point that struck me in the original diary detail was -

From this distance it looks to me as if the account was transferred (assigned ??) to HBOS who, a few weeks later, engaged Cabot to act on their behalf. The issue for me is that the terminology used by the OP may be a little too vague, and it depends on the precise wording in the letters.

Did the 9/5/19 letter say the account was assigned to HBOS?
                                In the 14/6/19 letter, how did Cabot introduce themselves? As the new owners of the debt? Or appointed by HBOS to arrange collection of the debt?

Apologies if I am muddying matters which have already been thrashed out and clarified.
                                No the banking crisis caused the crunching together very quickly of various banks. The question is whether there is or isn't an assignment chain!
                                This can result in a Default Notice being issued by a Group member BOS without the Authority to do so.
                                At least the name of the Cabot group member Company that was the Assignee should be discoverable!

But at the least Cabot are claiming ownership and therefor under CCA74 S.77/78 (plus £1) must supply a EN CCA.
                                This is the AAD way!

Comment

Working...
                                X