GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stepchange DMP help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stepchange DMP help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepchange DMP help

Hi,

I am in a DMP with Stepchange (5 years old) i owed originally £19000 i now owe £7500. I have asked for CCA on all debts. I have managed to get rid of PRA x 1 debt which was £2200 for now as they cannot find the CCA. I now owe £5300 hopefully. I have wrote to Cabot about 2 debts i have with them Total £2450 and offered them 10% to settle them as my income has dropped from £1950 PM to £1700 and i can no longer pay. They have said no. Any ideas as to how i can remove or pay offf these debts? also i owe £2400 to a credit union which i am stuck with as they don't do a CCA agreement although they have sent me copies of everything.

Please can anyone help?

start a diary for each one as it is easier to get the full picture without having to keep reading back? Cabot have I missed something did you get a CCA request off? (just answer yes/no) for now do not send one yet if not!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by col81 View Post
      I am in a DMP with Stepchange (5 years old) i owed originally £19000 i now owe £7500. I have asked for CCA on all debts.

. . . Any ideas as to how i can remove or pay offf these debts?

Hello

After 5 years in a DMP with StepChange it makes sense to challenge whether these debts are enforceable before you pay them off.

It's a legal argument not a moral argument.

Why don't you make a separate post with the history for each of them on this thread so suggestions can be made on your next steps.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

Debt 1 Account
        Credit Card still with/or not
        Commencement date
        Approx balance
        Last payment date
        step change?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello

After 5 years in a DMP with StepChange it makes sense to challenge whether these debts are enforceable before you pay them off.

It's a legal argument not a moral argument.

Why don't you make a separate post with the history for each of them on this thread so suggestions can be made on your next steps.

I look forward to helping you.

Di
          Snap

Comment

Hi, Cabot i have 2 debts with 1 direct with them and one managed by Wescott. I haven't had the CCA off them yet but they have told me they have them and are on way. I have sent them income expenditure etc which shows a £250 PM shortfall and i have offered 10% to settle point blank NO off them i am considering increasing the offer

Comment

ok will do thanks

Comment

Hi, Cabot i have 2 debts with 1 direct with them and one managed by Wescott. I haven't had the CCA off them yet but they have told me they have them and are on way. I have sent them income expenditure etc which shows a £250 PM shortfall and i have offered 10% to settle point blank NO off them i am considering increasing the offer
                Wescott are only commission agents and keep quite a bit of any payments they get by the way = only acts for an account owner who's too lazy to chase you! by the way

Comment

Debt 1 Account
                  Loan agreement still with - Xxxxxxx Credit Union
                  Commencement date - 2014
                  Approx balance - £2390
                  Last payment date - last month
                  step change? - yes

Debt 2 Account
                  Credit Card natwest with - Cabot
                  Commencement date - 2014
                  Approx balance - £1265
                  step change? - yes

Debt 3 Account
                  Credit Card natwest with - Wescott/Cabot
                  Commencement date - 2014
                  Approx balance - £1151
                  step change? - yes

Debt 4 Account
                  Credit Card barclays with - PRA
                  Commencement date - 2014
                  Approx balance - £390
                  step change? - yes

Debt 5 Account
                  Personal loan with Royal Bank Of Scotland with PRA
                  commencement date - 2014
                  approx balance - £2200
                  Last payment - last month
                  Step change - yes
                  Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 23 November 2020, 12:04. Reason: removed town details to protect your identity

Comment

Cabot i have 2 debts with 1 direct with them and one managed by Wescott. I haven't had the CCA off them yet but they have told me they have them and are on way. I have sent them income expenditure etc which shows a £250 PM shortfall and i have offered 10% to settle point blank NO off them i am considering increasing the offer

Perhaps you will reconsider increasing your offer now that we have spoken

Update/edit your post to include the name of the original creditors and other details such as whether something was a loan not a credit card. Also add the date you sent your CCA Request and the response received (or not).

Enjoy your weekend.

Di

Comment

I will do this over the weekend. Would you suggest cancelling my Stepchange direct debit for the 1st? day after tomorrow it is due? then will i need pay them all myself?

Thanks

Comment

I will do this over the weekend. Would you suggest cancelling my Stepchange direct debit for the 1st? day after tomorrow it is due?

If your direct debit is due out the day after tomorrow it's possible that their bank has already called for it with your bank; but by the time next month's is due you would have got a better idea of where you stand on the enforceability (or not) of your debts.

Then you can decide whether to pay all, some or none of them yourself.

Di

Comment

I have updated my debts above and added a 5th one from PRA which they have confirmed as unenforceable. I will be tommorow sending all my paperwork to Diana. Thank you for any advice that has been offered

Comment

I will be tommorow sending all my paperwork to Diana.
                            Which indeed you have done - there's quite a lot of it too

Di

Comment

Debt 1 Account
                              Loan agreement still with - Warrington Credit Union
                              Commencement date - 2014
                              Approx balance - £2390
                              step change? - yes

Debt 2 Account
                              Credit Card natwest with - Cabot
                              Commencement date - 2014
                              Approx balance - £1265
                              step change? - yes

Debt 3 Account
                              Credit Card natwest with - Wescott/Cabot
                              Commencement date - 2014
                              Approx balance - £1151
                              step change? - yes

Debt 4 Account
                              Credit Card barclays with - PRA
                              Commencement date - 2014
                              Approx balance - £390
                              step change? - yes

Debt 5 Account
                              Personal loan with Royal Bank Of Scotland with PRA
                              commencement date - 2014
                              approx balance - £2200
                              Last payment - last month
                              Step change - yes

Last month you sent s77-79 CCA Requests for each of your five debts.

What’s the current situation with the debt owners (such as PRA and Cabot) since any which haven’t complied with your request would make the debt unenforceable until or unless they do comply?

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X