GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moving House - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving House

Hi all,

I’ve had some success with non-enforceable debts and 1 year in, 5 to go!!

Ive just moved house and wondered, as I know I’m not supposed to contact my debtors, what the situation is with my change of address.

Do i just not notify them and let them pick it up via my credit file, or do I tell them without acknowledging the actual debt.

I’m concerned that I may miss some important correspondence that needs dealing with.

I have currently diverted my mail but that won’t last forever.

Thanks.

Originally posted by wolvaughan View Post
    Ive just moved house and wondered, as I know I’m not supposed to contact my debtors, what the situation is with my change of address.

Do i just not notify them and let them pick it up via my credit file, or do I tell them without acknowledging the actual debt.

I’m concerned that I may miss some important correspondence that needs dealing with.

I have currently diverted my mail but that won’t last forever.

You can have Royal Mail Redirection for up to 4 years.

Are you on the Electoral Roll at your new address, and do you have any credit such as mortgage or loan or overdraft which will show as a Linked Address on your CRA file if you've told them where you now live for those accounts?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

I’m on the electoral roll and have a mortgage on the new address. I’ve checked my credit file and the addresses are already linked.

xxxxx
      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 6 August 2020, 10:23. Reason: personal name removed to protect identity

Comment

Anyone know what I should do, just leave it as my addresses are linked in my credit file?

Comment

It stays as I found out for a few years some mine25years before complaint a few times
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by wolvaughan View Post
            Anyone know what I should do, just leave it as my addresses are linked in my credit file?

Yes

And you're also on the Electoral Roll at your new address so can be found if anyone were to look.

However I'm not sure of the current status of all your debts and/or who they're owned by. So maybe update your Diary where it seems you stopped payments in July 2018 (is that correct?) - but have things gone quiet since then?

Some debt purchasers or their solicitors will deliberately issue/serve legal proceedings on an address where you no longer live in the hope of getting a Default Judgment.

Royal Mail Redirection can last four years by which time all your debts may be Statute Barred.

Di

Comment

Working...
            X