GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello! I've just discovered this site and so here goes..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello! I've just discovered this site and so here goes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wineaddict2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Silence
    There are a number of Factors going for you one being a 2005 CCA
    The other because their letter was 06.12.23 and stated 14 days and we are now 1st February!

You need to read Colin G Quinn here about LInk and LC Asset 2 S.a.r.l (Luxemburg)
    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...00#post1544400

Now Kearns would have to send you a Letter Before Claim and when or if they do you have your Diary and the DSAR and can contact Colin G Quinn the first Consulation is Free. For advice.
    Silence it is!!

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by wineaddict2020 View Post
    So do I just sit and wait and see if legal action begins?? What happens if the suddenly produce items not included in SAR? I’m assuming I don’t alert them to the fact items are missing or do I?
    Silence
    There are a number of Factors going for you one being a 2005 CCA
    The other because their letter was 06.12.23 and stated 14 days and we are now 1st February!

You need to read Colin G Quinn here about LInk and LC Asset 2 S.a.r.l (Luxemburg)
    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...00#post1544400

Now Kearns would have to send you a Letter Before Claim and when or if they do you have your Diary and the DSAR and can contact Colin G Quinn the first Consulation is Free. For advice.

Leave a comment:

• wineaddict2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

It rather sounds as though they haven't sent you everything, but the vital thing is "which states no application data exists". That's what you wanted to find out.
    So do I just sit and wait and see if legal action begins?? What happens if the suddenly produce items not included in SAR? I’m assuming I don’t alert them to the fact items are missing or do I?

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

SAR has been recieved - no CCA and some recent letters missing???
    It rather sounds as though they haven't sent you everything, but the vital thing is "which states no application data exists". That's what you wanted to find out.

Leave a comment:

• wineaddict2020
    replied
    Tesco Bank
    • Credit Card
    • Opened March 2005
    • Approx balance - £10,000
    • Date last monthly payment paid in Full - May 2019 - DMP payments from Nov 2019 - June 2020
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - on DMP with Pay Plan up until now but just cancelled
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - Default Nov 2019
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a debt purchaser) - Tesco Bank
    17th June 2020 - sent CCA request
    8th July 2020 - recieved letter saying recieved my request but unable to provide the infomration requested as i had not included a valid letter of authority. To allow them to continue with request, please prvide a valid letter of authority or call to confirm details. - I haven't responded - should I?
    10.11.2020 - letter recieved from Tesco Bank - i was wondering wher they had been!! Due to my failure to agree or maintain payments (no mention of that fact that they have failed to respond to me CCA request!!) they are passing my account on to a debt collectin agency - guess who? Moorcroft! They give me their contact details - its ok, i already have them and fortunately i have already blocked their number too!

12.11.2020 - Letter from Moorcroft intoducing themselves

19.11.2020 - again numerous texts which I block! Received letter today asking me to contact them to discuss my account. No thanks. Noted and filed.

14.01.2021 - Moorcroft have definitely cottoned on to the fact i'm not going to speak to them now! Discount offer sent - filed.

25.02.21 - Letter saying they are passing my account to Wescot Credit Services. Filed.

19.08.23 - After being very quiet for some time today recieved a letter from Link Financial also enclosing a letter from Tesco saying the debt has been re-assigned to Link Financial as of 24.07.23. I’m taking this as a good thing and means Tesco have written me off so will just be Link seeing how much they can get out of me (nothing!), also hoping this will make it even harder to find that CCA!

06.12.23 - Letter recieved from Link Financial confirming nt was sold to LC Asset 2 S.a.r.l on 24/07/23 and that as no contact they intent to take legal action. If i do not contact within 14 days of this letter they will pass account to Messrs Kearns Solicitors for the legal process to commence.

05.01.24 - I have not responded to letter from Link saying will begin legal action. How concerned should I be about this going to Kearns solicitors for legal action?

31.01.24 - Recieved response to SAR. I asked for everything from Tesco but have just had a response from Tesco bank so there may well be more to come as i have a loyalty card. So, the account was opened in 2005 but there is virtualy nothing pre 2012 - no ransavtoin history, system notes, letters nothing - the only thing is a list of fees and charges shows an amount for late payment fee in 2005 and one in 2010. My letter from 2020 with CCA request is there but the response they sent me saying they couldn't respond as needed a valid letter of authority (i never responded to that as didn't want to acknowledge the debt). There is also no copies of the letters telling me account had been sent to Moorcroft and then a leter saying been re-assigned to Link Financial. No sign of a credit agreement and one page which states no application data exists.
    SAR has been recieved - no CCA and some recent letters missing???

Leave a comment:

• wineaddict2020
    replied

Being informed means you make better decisions. They have a 1 month deadline to provide the information (ask for everything they hold concerning you), which can be extended in certain circumstances.
    I’ve posted it this afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

Doing it now!
    Being informed means you make better decisions. They have a 1 month deadline to provide the information (ask for everything they hold concerning you), which can be extended in certain circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• wineaddict2020
    replied

You send the SAR to the original creditor. You ought already to have sent this off, to keep ahead of the curve.
    Doing it now!

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

Can i just clarify - you would send SAR to tesco, not to Link?
    You send the SAR to the original creditor. You ought already to have sent this off, to keep ahead of the curve.

Leave a comment:

• wineaddict2020
    replied

Just for info -

Kearns Solicitors share the same building address as Link Financial, and their company filings show LF Outsourcing Holdings Limited as a "person with significant control". Their Annual Report shows LF Outsourcing Holdings Limited as their parent company. It would seem they are in-house solicitors for Link Financial.

With the amount on the account they have an interest in scaring you into paying, or possibly even taking it to court (but that would be a little way down the line).

In view of Tesco declining your CCA request in 2020, I would get off a Subject Access Request to them (Tesco) without delay (they have one month in which to produce the information) ask for all information they hold on you. Find out if they can produce the documents needed to prove the debt at court.

Can i just clarify - you would send SAR to tesco, not to Link?

Leave a comment:

• wineaddict2020
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveB View Post
    Just looking back- why did they say there was no letter of authority? Is this not your debt?

Frankly I think it is likely that Kearns will try something but you might be able to stall them and blag it should they try anything.

I don't know why they said no letter of authority, I put it down to them trying to get me to acknowledge the debt in some way so ignored it. It is my debt.

Leave a comment:

• Bloomers83
    replied
    No worries that's much appreciated for the information, new to the forum so appologies for that, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by Bloomers83 View Post
    Hi, this is the first time posting I've read through this thread a few times and certainly have similarities to this in my debt plight. I however replied to all of the companies chasing me initially but have kind of buried my head for about a year now with no response to them. I have 9 debts that are all defaulted. Have I made an error by contacting them to explain my situation? And will this increase the likelihood of court action? Appologies for crashing the thread, just can see similarities but fear my date with court won't be long if I've made a mistake in contacting them back and don't want make any further errors.
    Hi

Please start your own thread, and provide some details of your various accounts as in the other diaries, the essence of the letters you are receiving, and what you have done so far. You ask have you made an error, but you haven't provided enough information for the basis of an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Bloomers83
    replied
    Hi, this is the first time posting I've read through this thread a few times and certainly have similarities to this in my debt plight. I however replied to all of the companies chasing me initially but have kind of buried my head for about a year now with no response to them. I have 9 debts that are all defaulted. Have I made an error by contacting them to explain my situation? And will this increase the likelihood of court action? Appologies for crashing the thread, just can see similarities but fear my date with court won't be long if I've made a mistake in contacting them back and don't want make any further errors.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

Hi All,

Would appreciate some advice on Messrs Kearns Solicitors and how concerned I should be about Link passing account to them?
    Just for info -

Kearns Solicitors share the same building address as Link Financial, and their company filings show LF Outsourcing Holdings Limited as a "person with significant control". Their Annual Report shows LF Outsourcing Holdings Limited as their parent company. It would seem they are in-house solicitors for Link Financial.

With the amount on the account they have an interest in scaring you into paying, or possibly even taking it to court (but that would be a little way down the line).

In view of Tesco declining your CCA request in 2020, I would get off a Subject Access Request to them (Tesco) without delay (they have one month in which to produce the information) ask for all information they hold on you. Find out if they can produce the documents needed to prove the debt at court.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 6 January 2024, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X