Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N9B

Hello everyone

Unfortunately, I have a longstanding issue with an energy provider.

It's a bit twisty, but in short, they have now sent me an n9 (sorry not n9, a county court claim) and are claiming amount x which I dispute and have done for a considerable time.

Am not too sure how to word the n9 form defence - are there any pointers that can be offered please?

Jimbob
    Last edited by Jimbob690; 17 June 2020, 09:32.

hello! need to give more details as very vague at the moment , how long has this been going on as after 12 months then they may have a problem depends on facts?

Energy back billing: A guide to your rights | Ofgem

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Tech Clerk (The)!

You may not believe this but 2013....

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob690 View Post
        they have now sent me an n9 and are claiming amount x which I dispute and have done for a considerable time.

Am not too sure how to word the n9 form defence - are there any pointers that can be offered please?

Hello

That sounds like you've received a county court claim.

Who is the Claimant and how much are they attempting to claim?

You refer to 2013 - was this when you closed the account with them or are you still a customer.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

m Form N9: Ask for more time to file a defence ('acknowledgment of service') see Di is here now give her the information about this one
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            need to give more details as very vague at the moment

It appears from the member's post that they have received a county court claim.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

It appears from the member's post that they have received a county court claim.

Di
              Diana is this post public?

Comment

Diana is this post public?

You can email me if you prefer using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk.

Di

Comment

m [B]Form N9: Ask for more time to file a defence ('acknowledgment of service')

Why should the OP ask for more time to file their Defence?

That could give the Claimant more time to get their house in order.

I’m not sure that the OP can ask for more time to file their AOS if that’s what you meant because they could face a Default Judment (CCJ)

Di

Comment

that is the form the poster quoted! i.e:-It's a bit twisty, but in short, they have now sent me an n9 and are claim??? stated they sent to him???

Comment

that is the form the poster quoted! i.e:-It's a bit twisty, but in short, they have now sent me an n9 and are claim??? stated they sent to him???
                      TTC
                      Sorry Not an N9 - I need to send an N9, my mistake TTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Why should the OP ask for more time to file their Defence?

That could give the Claimant more time to get their house in order.

I’m not sure that the OP can ask for more time to file their AOS if that’s what you meant because they could face a Default Judment (CCJ)

Di
                        Have emailed you Di :-)

Comment

Have emailed you Di :-)

And I have replied

Di

Comment

The first obvious question has to be: how do you know a claim has been issued if you've not seen it and don't know how much it is for (according to your post on another thread on the forum)?

Di
                            Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 17 June 2020, 10:49. Reason: removed quote

Comment

Working...
                            X