GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script John's Debt Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John's Debt Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbruce View Post
    Account type : Barclays Credit Card
    Current DCA : Link Financial
    Sold to Link : 2014
    Opened Aprox 2007
    Balance £1000
    Date of last full payment – Don’t Know
    Stopped paying £1 token payment to Link : December 2019

December 2019 - CCA request sent to Link which is Still outstanding
    February 2020- SAR request sent to Barclays which is still outstanding
    June 2020 - Link sending me standard letters to contact them to set up a payment plan which I am ignoring right now.

This account was not defaulted before selling to the Link and Barclays were reporting late payments to the CRA then I have to complain to Barclays and then Barclays advised to Link in 2016 to put back date default on my credit file. I have all documents.

I see you've edited your previous post to add information about the Default.

You say you "have all the documents" but do you have any Default Notice or wasn't one served on you by Barclaycard which is a flaw they can't remedy?

Maybe sending Barclaycard a SAR was a good thing after all

Di

Comment

It looks like all five of your debts are currently unenforceable. Bravo!

That's 100% success so far

Each time you receive a new letter quote your original post (with the account history) and then add an update for members to comment on your next step, which may be to do nothing at all.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I see you've edited your previous post to add information about the Default.

You say you "have all the documents" but do you have any Default Notice or wasn't one served on you by Barclaycard which is a flaw they can't remedy?

Maybe sending Barclaycard a SAR was a good thing after all

Di

I already sent SAR to Barclaycard and I don't remember any default notices as well. I already received SAR documents from Tesco, COOP, and MBNA and none of them have any default notices included and nothing mentioned about defaults in the documents. Should they have to provide if they had issued default notices or they are hiding something and not providing full documents?

Comment

Account type : Tesco Credit Card
          Current DCA : Intrum
          Sold to Intrum: 2019
          Opened Aprox May 2007
          Balance £2500
          Stopped paying £1 token payment to Intrum : January 2020

February 2020 - CCA request sent to Intrum which is Still outstanding
          February 2020- SAR request sent to Tesco and SAR documents have generic type CCA which does not have my name, tick box , date and address.
          May 2020 - Intrum resumed collection activity without serving CCA and now sending letter to contact them to set up a payment plan.
          Intrum sent 3 letters in 3 continues days advising me to contact them so they can HELP me, filed away.

Comment

keep file with them see if it continues as later harassment may come into play?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I already sent SAR to Barclaycard and I don't remember any default notices as well. I already received SAR documents from Tesco, COOP, and MBNA and none of them have any default notices included and nothing mentioned about defaults in the documents. Should they have to provide if they had issued default notices or they are hiding something and not providing full documents?

Maybe they didn't issue and serve a Default Notice which is why there's no mention of it in your SAR response?

They can't be accused of hiding or not providing full documents if those documents didn't exist in the first place.

Sometimes the absence of information is better than the existence of information

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Maybe they didn't issue and serve a Default Notice which is why there's no mention of it in your SAR response?

They can't be accused of hiding or not providing full documents if those documents didn't exist in the first place.

Sometimes the absence of information is better than the existence of information

Di
                Well said Di. You are amazing and your advice gave me this courage to fight back otherwise I was just filling income and expenditure forms and negotiating etc. First I was scared and now I am brave.

Does court accept SAR documents as proof like if default notices are not in SAR then it was not issued and served or we need something else to prove this?

Comment

Well said Di. You are amazing and your advice gave me this courage to fight back otherwise I was just filling income and expenditure forms and negotiating etc. First I was scared and now I am brave.

Does court accept SAR documents as proof like if default notices are not in SAR then it was not issued and served or we need something else to prove this?

Good to hear you've found the courage to fight back. Now it's your turn to make them scared by your silence.

The burden of proof is always on the Claimant. They would have to prove that a DN was issued, not you having to prove it wasn't.

Although I'll add that in some cases a reconstituted DN is produced by the Claimant (debt purchaser) so we then prove it wasn't issued and/or served based on 'inconsistencies' in the document they evidenced.

Di

Comment

Here is my debt diary and looking forward to get some help to become debt free.

Account type : MBNA credit card
                    Opened Aprox March 2008
                    Balance £2000
                    Sold to Link Financial in 2013

February 2020- SAR request sent to MBNA

June 2020 - more that 100 documents were received last week including three pages CCA and lots of statements, system notes and other history

IMPORTANT NOTES:

This account was sold with PPI and credit agreement have a PPI section with a tick box and old statements showing PPI charges as well.

I submitted PPI claim myself in 2014 and my claim was successful and SAR documents only have PPI claim form and nothing else.

I never received any default notice for this account and SAR documents don’t have any default notice enclosed. System notes have one entry about adding default on my credit file.

I never received any debt sold or assignment letter from MBNA or Link and SAR documents and system notes don’t have any info about this. I checked my own documents and don’t know how and what date account ownership swicthed to Link Financial.

I am waiting to hear from Link Financial re CCA request but meantime I want to know does mis-sold PPI and issues with defaults and assignment can make this account unenforceable?

Update - CCA received from Link Financial and emailed to Diana Mayhew for review

Comment

Update - CCA received from Link Financial and emailed to Diana Mayhew for review

Hi Diana Mayhew Niddy says its Enforcable based on applied online (which I don't remember) and CCA utilizing two ticks, one for credit card and other one for PPI.

MBNA not issued and served Default Notice and Assignment letters before selling account to Link Financial and SAR is also missing DN/AL info.

What can be done in this situation?

Comment

To save Diana repeating herself, there is more to UE than the CCA being correct. The obligations of the creditor/ debt owner are far greater than yours.

Comment

Here is my debt diary and looking forward to get some help to become debt free.

Account type : MBNA credit card
                          Opened Aprox March 2008
                          Balance £2000
                          Sold to Link Financial in 2013

February 2020- SAR request sent to MBNA

June 2020 - more that 100 documents were received last week including three pages CCA and lots of statements, system notes and other history

IMPORTANT NOTES:

This account was sold with PPI and credit agreement have a PPI section with a tick box and old statements showing PPI charges as well.

I submitted PPI claim myself in 2014 and my claim was successful and SAR documents only have PPI claim form and nothing else.

I never received any default notice for this account and SAR documents don’t have any default notice enclosed. System notes have one entry about adding default on my credit file.

I never received any debt sold or assignment letter from MBNA or Link and SAR documents and system notes don’t have any info about this. I checked my own documents and don’t know how and what date account ownership swicthed to Link Financial.

I am waiting to hear from Link Financial re CCA request but meantime I want to know does mis-sold PPI and issues with defaults and assignment can make this account unenforceable?

24/06/2020 - Reminder letter received, filed away.

Comment

Account type : Coop Bank Loan
                            Current DCA : Link Financial
                            Sold to Link : 2013
                            Opened Aprox 2010
                            Balance £10000

February 2020- SAR request sent to Barclays which is received including some unreadable system notes and illegible CCA.
                            June 2020 - Link sending me standard letters to contact them to set up a payment plan which I am ignoring right now.
                            24-06-2020 - Reminder letter received, CCA request still not fulfilled , filed away.

Comment

Account type : Tesco Credit Card
                              Current DCA : Intrum
                              Sold to Intrum: 2019
                              Opened Aprox May 2007
                              Balance £2500
                              Stopped paying £1 token payment to Intrum : January 2020

February 2020 - CCA request sent to Intrum which is Still outstanding
                              February 2020- SAR request sent to Tesco and SAR documents have generic type CCA which does not have my name, tick box , date and address.
                              May 2020 - Intrum resumed collection activity without serving CCA and now sending letter to contact them to set up a payment plan.

14 July 2020 - 20% partial settelement offer received. I called them back and offered 5% settlement which was refused. I told operator account is UE and he told me that Application form is sent to you in March but I received nothing. He told me that account is enforceable because I applied for credit card and used that money.
                              update

Comment

Hello

Its always best not to talk to these people on the phone, and definitely don’t discuss the enforceability of a debt which could prompt them to make a bigger effort to comply with your s77-79 CCA Request.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X