GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help removing Cifas markers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help removing Cifas markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing Cifas markers

Hi Never In Doubt,

I have recently received a SAR from CIFAS after struggling to get even the most basic bank accounts and the report reveals 3 marks that I’m concerned about.

The most concerning mark is a Category 6 mark from Halifax.
    Back in 2015 they closed my account after “unusual activity” I didn’t challenge this at the time as I actually wanted to close the account myself as it was a basic account I’d had since I was 16.

I just went along with my life struggling to open a new bank account but assuming this was down to my credit rating as it was very poor.

Its only until recently that I’ve realised it’s not my credit rating that is the issue it’s this marker.

i have tried to call in to the branch to get this sorted and also called over the phone but nobody seems to be able to help and they are saying they cannot even locate my account. (I do not remember the account number either.)

I really do not know what to do as I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage and I’ve read in lots of places that it’s impossible to get a mortgage with this marker.

The other two markers are from a car finance company. It seems they have accused me of application fraud but when contacting them they have no idea how to help me.

I don’t even know where to start in getting this sorted and scouring the net has brought me here.

i am really sorry for the long message. I hope you can help.

Thank you!

Hi

Email me directly. webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

I'll try help if possible.

thanks.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X