GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Intrum Hard Search on my credit file - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intrum Hard Search on my credit file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum Hard Search on my credit file

Intrum purchased my credit card debt from Tesco bank and done a hard search on my credit file under "Debt collection" catagory. Debt was assigned to Intrum UK Finance Ltd while search is done by Intrum UK Ltd which is a different company. I sent CCA request around 5 months ago to Intrum and still not received any documents and debt is unenforceable. I received copy of my data from Tesco Bank after SAR request and they have included a generic credit agreement without my name , address etc which I beleive is unenforceable.

What can I do with Intrum to remove this hard search from my credit file? what law says about this? can Intrum do this when they don't have any paperwork to prove the debt? and most importantly how can I stop them not to do this again in future?

Thank you.

it stays at the moment. and rarely subject to factual fraudulent entry then possible removed, start a diary with details of this alledged debt look around and you will find layouts and also comments regarding intrum and registration etc welcome by the way

INTRUM I believe may have issues with FCA which is worth noting (for your own records)
    The AAD way after S77/78 requests is SILENCE. You do not need to tell INTRUM anything just cancel payments. They will probably pester you!!! but ignore everything from now on. The rule is everything in writing (no SMS, Txt, Phonecalls).
    Post anything you receive up here in your Diary.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The Tech Clerk thak you for replying. Can Intrum do Hard Searchs after 2 years time period and keeps doing this every 2 years?

Comment

default on CRA file stays for 6 years England/Wales 5 years Scotland, searches sometimes means they are looking for information as to your details (stability also in cases if they feel you could pay more or are now homeowner etc etc etc) but after the 6 or 5 years default info removed.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The Tech Clerk Tecso put default on my credit file back in 2013 which is now removed but Intrum put Hard seach entry in 2019 after dropping off default which is visible to other lenders as well. I am more worried about Intrum now and want Intrum to stop to do any other entry on my credit file in the future. As you said, I am keeping silence and waiting to hearing something from Intrum.

Comment

Diana Mayhew might be able to elaborate? usually on there if you applied for credit?

Comment

Hi there

Intrum did exactly the same to me. They placed a hard search on my credit file when they purchased the debt from Tesco. I had not applied for any credit and I was unhappy to see Intrum place the hard search because it does affect my credit rating. IMHO they should have done a soft search which would not have negatively impacted my credit file. I have of course not approached Intrum as I'm running down the clock to SB but just to highlight that this seems to be a tactic of Intrum and I'm not sure how lawful it is.

Id be interested to know any further developments.

Thanks

Fox

Comment

Hi F19FOX did Intrum chased you for tesco debt? I sent CCA request to Intrum around 4 months ago but still no any response so far.

Comment

Hi johnbruce yes Intrum write to me roughly every 10 days at the moment chasing the Tesco debt. I haven't done a CCA request to Intrum but I did originally to Tesco and it was enforceable but I'm hopeful there may be other reasons that it cant be enforced and hence I don't respond to any of their requests and just file everything they send me

Comment

Hi F19FOX I agree with you that there are lots of reasons to be a debt unenforceable. What year your account was opened with Tesco?

My tesco account was opened in 2007 and Tesco SAR documents received including credit agreement which is unenforceable. I am waiting to get reply of my CCA request from Intrum.

Comment

Hi johnbruce it was opened in 2011 and that's part of the problem. It's too new!

Fingers crossed Intrum never reply! Whatever you do don't chase them

Comment

F19FOX I will never chase Intrum. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbruce View Post
                          Intrum purchased my credit card debt from Tesco bank . . . . I sent CCA request around 5 months ago to Intrum and still not received any documents and debt is unenforceable.

Can you post a little more background information for this Tesco credit card debt so you can be given accurate ongoing help.

I'm also quoting this post of yours (below) on another member's thread where you say you have other debts which possibly need forum help too.

It's always a good idea to get all your ducks in a row in case a debt purchaser decides to 'go legal' and then you'll be prepared with the ammunition and evidence you need to defend your position >

Originally posted by johnbruce View Post

Hi Di,

Thank you for your post. Yes, I have total 5 debts , 4 credit cards and 1 personal loan. I was paying £1 token payment each month to all including Link but now I have stopped payments after they not complied with my CCA requests. 4 debts are with Link which they purcchased from Barclays, MBNA and Coop bank (persoanl loan) and 1 debt is with Intrum which Intrum purchased from Tesco bank.

. . . . . I will start my own diary hopefully within 2/3 weeks.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

A search only stays visible to you for 12 months, 2 years on TransUnion. The lenders cannot see the search. They see a summary only; so they'd see - searches in 30 days = 1.

It does NOT detail the company, reason or outcome. It literally reads as 1 search.

so stop worrying. If Intrum add anything then they'd be in breach as unauthorised. A search is nothing. Don't worry.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              A search only stays visible to you for 12 months, 2 years on TransUnion. The lenders cannot see the search. They see a summary only; so they'd see - searches in 30 days = 1.

It does NOT detail the company, reason or outcome. It literally reads as 1 search.

so stop worrying. If Intrum add anything then they'd be in breach as unauthorised. A search is nothing. Don't worry.
                              Hi Nid

I hope you are keeping well.

Thanks for posting and clarifying the position, much appreciated!

Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X