GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot saying they've checked my CRF and think i can pay more or face a CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot saying they've checked my CRF and think i can pay more or face a CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malamute
    replied
    Hi - thanks for your reply.

I do have new credit (albeit 12 months into a 60 month fixed term agreement) all kept up today etc. Nothing else.

1. I believe it is enforceable - at the beginning of my journey back in 2009 i did a CCA request and egg was deemed to be enforcecable (i'll dig out my UE diary posted here).
    2. Cabot Financial

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Hi

Yes they can do searches on your file , not sure why they think this, do you now have credit you are servicing? I ask this as it was after I started getting credit that Lowell issued a claim against me - which was defeated thanks to our lovely Jo and Di.

However, two questions,
    1) Have you ever done a CCA request to Cabot for this debt?
    2) Exactly which incarnation of cabot own this ?

Leave a comment:

• Cabot saying they've checked my CRF and think i can pay more or face a CCJ

Debt: Egg with Cabot for over 10 years
    Current Balance 9733
    Defaulted 2009 came off file in 2015.
    Been making £1 per calendar month (by standing order) for years never missed.

Received a letter today:

"thank you for your commitment to pay, we like to make sure your payments match your situation. We think you can pay more and would like to discuss it with you. We are able to obtain personal data from credit reference agencies and by using this we believe you may have had an improvement in your financial situation.

Its important that we hear from you, we're considering passing your account to our solicitors. Our solicitors will then look to obtain CCJ."

Can they check my file without consent?

Can I remove this consent?

Given the sheer age of the debt would they/could they go as far as a CCJ? Or is it the Ifs/would/could/might - just a spur to get an increased payment?

Thanks in advance!!
Working...
X