GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage with CCJ and CIFAS marker - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage with CCJ and CIFAS marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage with CCJ and CIFAS marker

Hi,

I would like to buy a property very soon
    However, I am scared I will be rejected and waste money because I have a CIFAS marker and a CCJ

a) What are my chances of being able to take out a mortgage with these?
    b) What can I do to get them removed?
    c) On clearscore, my CCJ is showing as “discharged”, what does this mean?

Thank you

Hello

Do you recognise the CCJ on your credit file?

Who is the Judgment Creditor (Claimant)?

It will automatically disappear off your file six years after the CCJ, so what date was that?

The CIFAS maker is different. Is this the first time you've been made aware of the marker?

You need to first establish whether either/both of these entries are correct or whether you can challenge them, and have them removed.

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Thank you for your response

The CCJ is by a bank and was put on in 2016
      I had a student account which I think they closed probably because they realised I was no longer at uni.
      I don’t remember receiving a letter saying that I owed money (around £600 which was my remaining owed overdraft) but I do remember receiving a letter for account closure

The CIFAS marker. I wasnt aware I had until I applied got a second savings account with my bank. They ran a normal check and the next day closed all my accounts. When I wrote to them asking why, they said its due to “adverse loading by a third party bank”

I am extremely anxious because I want very badly to be able to purchase a property in the next 2 years but I feel like this will never happen anytime soon due to these things. I wish I could start again and do things differently but I can’t.

Please help I would really appreciate it

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ADDVO12345 View Post
        Hi Di,

The CIFAS marker. I wasnt aware I had until I applied got a second savings account with my bank. They ran a normal check and the next day closed all my accounts. When I wrote to them asking why, they said its due to “adverse loading by a third party bank”
        Who (by name) is the bank which closed your accounts and gave you the Cifas marker?

Was this as a result of funds paid into the newly opened second Savings Account by someone other than you? If so, do or did you know the source of the funds?

Here is Never-In-Doubt's advice on the steps you can take to try to resolve this issue >

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

You need to follow process - the bank must prove that they have the evidence as though they could pursue legal action against you, so if they can't do that they should not be adding a CIFAS. The fact you may have shared details shouldn't be a barrier either, as in that would be irresponsible - not fraud. Not if you were unaware of the crime being committed.

Your first post of call would be to contact Action Fraud and then contact CIFAS and get the data they hold and see what it says, then you go to the lender who added the marker and send them evidence of what you explained in post one above - photocopy everything, do not send originals.

You would explain to the lender who added CIFAS that you are the victim here - not the perpetrator and provide them with the crime number you'll get when you report it to Action Fraud (online bobbies).
        ​​​​​
        The bank must show without reasonable doubt that they believe you are the perpetrator and have evidence to prosecute for fraud. If they do not then they cannot issue a CIFAS; in which case you'd request a final response and then contact the FOS for their intervention.

First you need to gather as much information as possible so send a Subject Access Request to Cifas too. They have a template DSAR letter in this link > https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/...access-request

Post on here when you receive the information and I'll ask Niddy (Never-in-Doubt forum owner) to look at this thread for you.

If it's appropriate to report this to Action Fraud you'll find their details here > https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/re...nd-cyber-crime

Di

Comment

You've started a new thread but it'll be easier to keep everything in one place on this thread.

I found out that the claimant who issued a CCJ against me. Instructed 2 separate companies to retrieve debt from me
          Is this legal?
          Should it only be the representative named on the CCJ to collect money?
          If I didnt do some digging, I wouldnt know and would have paid BOTH companies separate amounts while the claimant knew the whole time

Please advise
          Many thanks

Who (by name) issued the county court claim and did they serve it on you at the correct address where you were living at the time?

Di

(Link to your new thread > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...20-ccj-dispute)

Comment

Working...
          X