GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP WITH ARROW / SHOOSMITHS COURT LETTER - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP WITH ARROW / SHOOSMITHS COURT LETTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP WITH ARROW / SHOOSMITHS COURT LETTER

HI all
    Can someone please help me i had a MBNA credit card and run into some problems i contacted them and arranged to pay £5 a month and have done so since march 2011 along with 3 other debts around 2012 this debt was sold to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited but i did not contact them ever but continued to pay MBNA . To this day MBNA must be forwarding the £5 onto ARROW as they send me a statement every 6 month ,so problem is i recieved a letter from Shoosmiths on behave of ARROW to say my agreement with there client is terminated and unless i reach agreement with them in 14 days they will commence court proceedings against me what is my best option here ,i live in Scotland so will be Scottish law thanks

Good afternoon and welcome to AAD, you have come to exactly the right place, Someone will be along presently to help you.

Comment

thank you

Comment

have you sent a CCA1974 request with £1.00 payment if so when?? start a diary:-
        -
        look thru threads and get the diary layout> do not panic:-

They will send a PAP (5 pages usually) come on here before you respond?> meantime give us as much details as possible>
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Note Tech Clerk's words of wisdom.
          "..
          have you sent a CCA1974 request with £1.00 payment if so when?? start a diary:-
          look thru threads and get the diary layout> do not panic:-
          They will send a PAP (5 pages usually) come on here before you respond?> meantime give us as much details as possible>

.."
          I note that your MBNA was sold to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited
          (I suggest that you make a copy of the following) Understand the importance of giving the MODS as much detail as possible!
          http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.force.com/CS_RegisterSearchPageNew?accId=622921

I suggest that you start a Diary for your Debts using the AAD format. The Diary format helps you and the MODS with advice and help and filling in more details!
          Type of account (credit card/loan)
          • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
          • Approx balance
          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying
          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
          • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
          Welcome to AAD

Comment

hi Roger / The Tech clerk
            thanks for reply .... after reading some of the pages i have printed a CCA request form and will send today do i send one to ARROW and a copy to shoosmiths to inform them i have sent their client the CCA request ? i will try to set up my diary in next few days to allow the MODS get a full picture of my debts and will keep you apdated THANKS AGAIN for quick reply

Comment

Originally posted by GFTAD View Post
              i have printed a CCA request form and will send today do i send one to ARROW and a copy to shoosmiths to inform them i have sent their client the CCA request ? i will try to set up my diary in next few days

Yes, send your s77/78 CCA Request to Arrow Global by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and also send a copy to Shoosmiths solicitors with a one liner letter saying "see enclosed".

When (what year) did you open the MBNA credit card accounts?

Di

Comment

hi Diana
                Thanks for reply
                I think it was before 2007 but on one letter from Arrow they said 2010 but that was when i ran into problem with it, so i am sure there wrong ,also found old cheque book with half written cheque payable to MBNA from 2007 but not posted?

Comment

TIP: i know that it may say on the template letter request don't sign with your original signature (REMEMBER not to use your original signature on the letter than you send or any letters that you send to them)

TIP: you don't necessary have to send letter registered or recorded post as it costs a lot - i used 'signed for 2nd class' it's cheaper and you can go online to the royal-mail tracking and pull off the copy that they signed
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

5corpio
                    thank you for tips

Comment

I think you’ll also find that Arrow Guernsey have issues of their ownDiana Mayhew May be able to advise??

Comment

Quote:-
                        TIP:
                        you don't necessary have to send letter registered or recorded post as it costs a lot - i used 'signed for 2nd class' it's cheaper and you can go online to the royal-mail tracking and pull off the copy that they signed

For the sake of 75pence send Recorded delivery and get the signature proof of actual delivery to the premises, as I found out in the past proof of posting is not proof of delivery, a signature obtained is absolute proof of actual delivery and date/time in any case taken>

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          Quote:-
                          TIP:
                          you don't necessary have to send letter registered or recorded post as it costs a lot - i used 'signed for 2nd class' it's cheaper and you can go online to the royal-mail tracking and pull off the copy that they signed

For the sake of 75pence send Recorded delivery and get the signature proof of actual delivery to the premises, as I found out in the past proof of posting is not proof of delivery, a signature obtained is absolute proof of actual delivery and date/time in any case taken>
                          I think the point being made was not to use special delivery as that is expensive but to use Royal Mail signed for second class. This should get you a signature although sometimes you have to chase RM up as they are slow at updating the system. (I have, in the past had replies from letters which RM say are still 'progressing through the system'

Also, it is not 75p to send recorded

Costs are
                          Special - from £6.60
                          Signed for 1st Class £1.90
                          Signed for 2nd Class £1.81
                          First Class mail 70p

Comment

Recorded Delivery without the class of stamp i.e. 1st or 2nd class (see they sneaked the price up) £1.20,,, glad I do not use it much these days! anyway a signature is all some judges would want to see as item signed for at a location! small amount for satisfaction at a possible later date - called cover your tracks

Comment

Originally posted by GFTAD View Post
                              i have printed a CCA request form and will send today do i send one to ARROW and a copy to shoosmiths to inform them i have sent their client the CCA request

On 29th May you posted that you were sending a s 77/79 CCA Request to Arrow with a copy to Shoosmiths solicitors. What response(s) have you received so far?

If Arrow have not complied with your CCA Request then the debt will be unenforceable until or unless they do comply.

If they have sent you a credit agreement you can email it to Niddy (forum owner) for an opinion on whether it's unenforceable or not using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X