GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Naive - Nat West and Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naive - Nat West and Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you been here for a while on AAD/poster , I am a veteran (Military) ( due to serving prior to 1975 we get no pension unless we did 18 or 22 years colour service), being born during the war nahhhhhhhhhhh no war pension (story of my life ) lol
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 March 2019, 17:34.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

» Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request adjust to suit any reference to £10 fee = delete also amend 40 days to read 30 days as per DSAR amendment 25th May 2018
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you sent the DSAR request??

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom70 View Post
          About 18-24 months ago I received a letter from Cabot Financial that they had purchased the debt from Nat West and I should now pay them. Not wanting to stir the hornets nest I ignored the request and continued paying Nat West.

. . . . .Does the fact I registered on, and subsequently used the cabot system to pay them £7.40 mean I have made them aware I now accept I owe Cabot the money rather than NatWest?

.. . . Is it worth me looking at the cca process to see whether this debt is enforceable?

Hello

I would definitely send a s77-79 CCA Request to Cabot. If they don't/can't comply within the statutory time-frame then the debt becomes unenforceable until or unless they do comply.

When (what year) did you open this NatWest credit card account? From what you say (about wife leaving) it must have been before 2006 which could be helpful.

Was there PPI on the account which you may be able to reclaim from NatWest if it was missold?

If the debt was assigned/sold to Cabot two years ago you ceased to owe money to NatWest. However you've been paying NatWest who have been forwarding the money to Cabot presumably with your knowledge but not necessarily your express permission, which raises the question of when the Statute Barred clock should have started to tick.

This may no longer be an argument you could use because you subsequently made a one-off payment direct to Cabot on their website which acknowledges the debt for SB purposes.

Which Cabot owns the debt? Is it Cabot Financial Ltd. or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which could make a difference as to whether they have the legal right to chase you for it?

Di

Comment

Thanks all,

I will get on to opening a diary today, and sending Cabot the relevant letter. I am concerned they will then start to hound m by phone... post I can deal with, but a constant stream of calls I cannot!

Di, no idea when the card was opened, but probably between 1994 and 2000 at a guess.

So naive never done a PPI check with anyone before!

Yes, i guessed making the £7 payment to Cabot abd registering on their website has probably shot me in the foot! :-(

It appears from the letter i can find that it is Cabot Financial (Europe) limited. Is that a good or bad thing?

Gee

Comment

Working...
            X