GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cifas marker - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cifas marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cifas marker

Hello guys, thanks for reading this. Please allow me to be as informative as I can here.

Last summer, around July 18th I finished my GCSE exams!
    I had 12 weeks off so I decided to start a successful social media page called @nerfdbeard.

I was seeking jobs as I needed something to do and needed money to make as I had 12 weeks off of education to burn. I came across an "employer" whom had previously direct messaged me via instagram and was named katsu.sh. He owned a business named KATSU | PLC and it revolved around managing promotions for bigger instagram pages as well as co-owning them and posting content for them, which I did. I thought I had came across a legit job and was making legit money.

I was being paid approx £650 via PayPal and he'd previously requested information such as my name, address, IBAN and BIC code as well as my email address for payment and as I am only 17 I thought this is the information in which you need to apply at a job. I was enjoying the experience and was able to enjoy myself alot more.

I had several payments of £650 from different paypal accounts which all had the name "KATSU | PLC" so I thought nothing of it. Then it came to the eigth payment and it was a bank transfer from international banking (i have emails from the payments) and I thought it was very dodgy and was scared by this so I questioned katsu using my email, then the next email I received was around 12 days later and it was stating the closure of Katsu | PLC and the funds had came through previous to this which I had then moved to my savings account to conserve the amount to make sure no direct debits or anything would take the money as I was going to send it back. As days went on nobody had came into contact with me so I started spending the money which I spent around £200 of.

Then the week later my mother called me and asked why there was someone elses mother from holland messaging her using facebook saying that I had scammed her son.
    With no knowledge of this being a scam I told my mother about the business and I was guessing that the owner of Katsu | PLC had given my personal information to this person that was scammed. The senders mother then requested the money back so I then sent the £500 I had remaining of it back and my mother sent the other £150 back.

Then a week later, I was in a supermarket trying to purchase items and then was confronted with the declination of my card at the checkout. In doing so, I then tried to transfer funds from my bank account and was then presented with an error stating that I had to call a number. I then called the number and they then gave me the Fraud number for Lloyds Bank and I called it. They then asked me about fraudulent funds and obviously as I was in a supermarket packed with people and being with my mother I said something random to stop it from becoming awkard. They then told me that my accounts were being closed. From this I was very sadened as was my family and I hated seeing them in such a way.

I suffer from illnesses called depersonalization-derealization, disacociative amnesia and severe anxiety which didn't help with the situation at all and the overall situation actually worsened my symptoms. I then raised a complaint with Lloyds and they told me over the phone that my story would not reverse the decision and that I should change it, therefore following their word I changed it. When I was presented with the final response I was told that they wouldn't change the decision as I had changed my story (which they'd said to do) and I have now complaint to the FOS and am now coming here to seek help as to what to do as I am not very good with formally presenting letters or anything so I am writing to you guys to seek help as to what to do and for someone to perhaps help me with a formal way of telling the financial ombudsmen what happened.

I am stuck and don't think there is any light or a way out, please help me.

Hi I’m sorry to hear that this has happened to you - the ignorance of youth. Have you read this section https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/c...aud-prevention where others have dealt with Cifas.
    Unfortunately I cannot give you any help, hopefully others will be able to offer assistance.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, I have and I am so stressed at the moment about this just want it sorted honestly, its torn my relationship with family and has definitely altered how I perform accademicaly.

Comment

Hi so sorry about this , I have asked for you so please bare with us x.
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

Hi Sorry for the delay - we don't ordinarily offer one on one help to people, certainly not with CIFAS due to the issues surrounding it.

You need to follow process - the bank must prove that they have the evidence as though they could pursue legal action against you, so if they can't do that they should not be adding a CIFAS. The fact you may have shared details shouldn't be a barrier either, as in that would be irresponsible - not fraud. Not if you were unaware of the crime being committed.

Your first post of call would be to contact Action Fraud and then contact CIFAS and get the data they hold and see what it says, then you go to the lender who added the marker and send them evidence of what you explained in post one above - photocopy everything, do not send originals.

You would explain to the lender who added CIFAS that you are the victim here - not the perpetrator and provide them with the crime number you'll get when you report it to Action Fraud (online bobbies).
          ​​​​​
          The bank must show without reasonable doubt that they believe you are the perpetrator and have evidence to prosecute for fraud. If they do not then they cannot issue a CIFAS; in which case you'd request a final response and then contact the FOS for their intervention.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X