GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone know about CIFAS? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about CIFAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about CIFAS?

Hi guys I’m new to the forum and was hoping for some advice,

After years of wondering why I couldn't get a basic bank account or any credit, I recieved my SAR from CIFAS today. I have a first party fraud marker that has been filed by Shop Direct Finance (littlewoods) on 14/07/2014, Reason for filling is Evasion of Payment and the evidence they have against me states : Contact with application on electoral roll check.

The debt is for £424 and I didn't make a payment at all to be honest, I had an awful time 4 years ago and couldn’t afford anything at all, I was on me knees! I admit I avoided the payments and contact from them because I was depressed.but I’m shocked of the impact this has had on my life because of this. to get a first party fraud marker is worlds apart from having a ccjor default registered instead. I believe that they are stating I have used a fake address in order to gain credit and what makes it look worse is that I didn't actually make any payments to them. The address that was used was my parents house and I was living there at the time. Regarding the evidence of the electoral roll they claim to have, I have checked this against my credit file and it did state that I was at my parents house until the end of 2010 but I didn't open the littewoods account until 2012. There was no other records of any other address. I was actually living at my parents house but guess my parents didn't include me on it that yearner what ever reason. Can they did see thatchy accepted me for credit based on the same terms (that the electoral roll showed I wasn't currently registered at that address)

Also when checking my credit file, it states the account was opened on 10/11/2012 and then the default wasn't registered until Lowel bought the debt on 29/07/2014. Would this be right if I never made a payment, surely the default should of been registered sometime in 2013 not 2014?

where do I stand with this and what can I do? Im absolutely gutted, there hundreds of threads about Cifas markers relating to bank accounts act, am I the only person from one from littlewoods? I would also like to add to I do have old bank statements that prove I was living at my parents house at the time of the account opening and for another year. I’ve regained some finances and am happy to pay the debt of in full but I’d like to know where I stand.

Where they right in registering me as first party fraud just by checking the electoral role? Is this sufficient evidence to stand up in court as cifas requires members to have this before filing a marker on someone.

Warwick65 have you had any dealings in this area?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am afraid I do not know anything about CIFAS markers so really cant help. Sorry

Comment

Working...
      X