GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello, and advice needed with Idem Servicing! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, and advice needed with Idem Servicing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, and advice needed with Idem Servicing!

Hi all.
    Have been visiting this site for a while and have finally decided to join and ask if anyone can help with Idem Servicing. They acquired our secured loan from Black Horse back in 2014, and we have been in dispute with them ever since as they will not let us have sight of any official legal documents proving they now own our debt.
    We believe that the original credit agreement may be unenforceable as it was signed in April 2006.
    Could someone please point me in the direction of the right forum to request further help?
    Looking forward to being part of AAD!

welcome Casperkit, what is the details of idem servicing as we had an idem servicing on one and it transpired that they weren't even legitimately registered with the FCA so quickly sold it on when challenged. however that said I do believe that the name Idem Servicing is now a trading name of Paragon Finance PLC so you may have the newer version, still worth checking though

Comment

Hi Welcome:- » CCA Request send recorded delivery to Idem for starters enclosing £1.00 Postal Order, and keep copy of request and proof of delivery. they have 14 days to respond , but as in most cases longer it will take them, but at that point they cannot get a judgment ( along way down the line anyway) sure others will also advise you, when you get a copy of the CCA let us know and you can send it to@= webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking to see if unenforceable or not>
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the quick response!
        The letters state:
        company name Idem Capital Securties Ltd, trading as Idem Servicing.
        Checked FCA website and it says their license has lapsed 2015.
        I already have a copy of the agreement, will try to get it across to you tomorrow as I am off the computer and replying via my phone, not ideal so apologies for spelling mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Casperkit View Post
          if anyone can help with Idem Servicing. They acquired our secured loan from Black Horse back in 2014, and we have been in dispute with them ever since as they will not let us have sight of any official legal documents proving they now own our debt.
          We believe that the original credit agreement may be unenforceable as it was signed in April 2006.

Hello

If this was a secured loan which has been assigned to a debt purchaser then it needs close scrutiny.

Do you still own the property which provided security for the Black Horse loan?

Has Idem substituted their name at Land Registry (if you still own the property)?

What has been your dispute with IDEM?

When did you last make a payment to Black Horse or IDEM?

And so on.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            CCA Request send recorded delivery to Idem for starters enclosing £1.00 Postal Order, and keep copy of request and proof of delivery. they have 14 days to respond , but as in most cases longer it will take them, but at that point they cannot get a judgment ( along way down the line anyway) sure others will also advise you, when you get a copy of the CCA let us know and you can send it to@= webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking to see if unenforceable or not>

This is a secured loan apparently - although that legal issue has yet to be explored.

Di

Comment

Hi and thanks for the quick response!
              The letters state:
              company name Idem Capital Securties Ltd, trading as Idem Servicing.
              Checked FCA website and it says their license has lapsed 2015.
              I already have a copy of the agreement, will try to get it across to you tomorrow as I am off the computer and replying via my phone, not ideal so apologies for spelling mistakes.
              these are the ones that we dealt with and they are not registered as you say, which works in your favour, I'm sure Di will have something to say about this?

Comment

OK. have now had a chance to send over the agreement to the email address given, I've scribbled out personal info such as name, address, signature, hopefully this is OK.
                In answer to the questions:
                Yes we still own and live in the property.
                Last payment to BH was June 2014, nothing to Idem. We have not signed any of Idems paperwork.
                Unsure as to whether Idem has got their name on LR, I work in that sector so can probably find out tomorrow.
                We requested sight of the legal paperwork that confirms the correct transfer of the debt across to Idem, they have refused stating that they do not show anyone this paperwork. We wanted to ensure that we were paying the correct people, and were not being swindled by a company that had not bought the debt legally. Whenever you talk to them its pay up, pay up, pay up, and threats to send agents to our house, phone our work, friends family etc. I am sick of them.
                We are currently looking to re-mortgage just to get rid of them but want some foothold to get the amount reduced, they have increased the debt from originally £6000 to over £11000.
                If we can prove that our credit agreement falls under the unenforceable terms, that along with the FCA lapsed registration should give us a bit of leverage to throw at them.
                Plus anything else anyone can come up with would be great.

Comment

OK. have now had a chance to send over the agreement to the email address given, I've scribbled out personal info such as name, address, signature, hopefully this is OK.
                  In answer to the questions:
                  Yes we still own and live in the property.
                  Last payment to BH was June 2014, nothing to Idem. We have not signed any of Idems paperwork.
                  Unsure as to whether Idem has got their name on LR, I work in that sector so can probably find out tomorrow.
                  We requested sight of the legal paperwork that confirms the correct transfer of the debt across to Idem, they have refused stating that they do not show anyone this paperwork. We wanted to ensure that we were paying the correct people, and were not being swindled by a company that had not bought the debt legally. Whenever you talk to them its pay up, pay up, pay up, and threats to send agents to our house, phone our work, friends family etc. I am sick of them.
                  We are currently looking to re-mortgage just to get rid of them but want some foothold to get the amount reduced, they have increased the debt from originally £6000 to over £11000.
                  If we can prove that our credit agreement falls under the unenforceable terms, that along with the FCA lapsed registration should give us a bit of leverage to throw at them.
                  Plus anything else anyone can come up with would be great.
                  They acquired our secured loan from Black Horse back in 2014, and we have been in dispute with them ever since as they will not let us have sight of any official legal documents proving they now own our debt.

Before coming to AAD I followed a communication process that seems similar to your approach.
                  My advise is NOT to communicate with them either in writing or at the phone.

As this is a secured loan it is important to provide more background information
                  (the AAD Diary format will help the MODS and yourself)
                  please can you provide the following information for this debt account:
                  • Type of account (credit card/loan)
                  • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                  • Approx balance
                  • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                  • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                  • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Comment

Hi all
                    Sorry I have not posted for a while but we have had a lot going on.
                    We have had an offer from Idem to reduce the debt to £7500 if we pay in one go, which is right up our street as we have got the re-mortgage, we aim to get shot of them.
                    We pointed out to them in no uncertain terms that they are not currently and have not been registered with the FCA to collect debt, we were preparing to highlight this to the FCA, our MP, Watchdog, anybody we could think of basically. We also threatened to go the the FOS regarding the excessive charges put onto the debt. We also had a few other things to say to them that are too sensitive to post.
                    Got a huge shock when the letter came through. They did not admit they did anything wrong, just treated it as if we had asked for a settlement balance!!!
                    So result. They will be gone from our lives by the end of March.
                    I have to admit, I never in my wildest dreams thought we would get this result. Yeah, we still are paying them but we got a huge chunk off the amount. I am sort of not believing it until we do get them paid off and I have that confirmation letter in my hand stating this.
                    If it all goes pear-shaped, I will let you all know.

Comment

we still are paying them but we got a huge chunk off the amount. I am sort of not believing it until we do get them paid off and I have that confirmation letter in my hand stating this.
                      If it all goes pear-shaped, I will let you all know.

Is it safe to assume that your settlement with Idem went smoothly or do you need any further help?

Di

Comment

Apologies to all for not responding sooner, I had an awful lot going on last year including the death of my mum, which sort of threw me well off balance. We did get Idem completely paid off, and as of November last year are debt free with the exception of the new mortgage. We got that through Aldemore Bank, they specialize in problem cases like ours was. We got a great fixed 2 year deal from them, resulting in us paying at least £100 less a month than our original mortgage, which again was considerably less than if we had to pay Idem and the mortgage.
                        Once we had paid Idem off, we did have a bonus letter come from Black Horse, whom the debt was with originally, stating that they had treated us unfairly and giving us £1000 back! Well impressed at that, as it meant that we basically paid Idem the original debt amount that was transferred to them.
                        So, new year, fresh start, and we are not getting credit for anything else, we will save up if we need anything and the scumbags can go get lost.
                        Thanks for the advice given, it did help push us into dealing with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X