GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Here and Not Sure Where to Post - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here and Not Sure Where to Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the moment work is the last thing to mention - never state that it might happen to any DCA etc, as far as CCAs concerned it would be useful to see if Niddy confirm enforceable or not enforceable, BUT let nightwatch guide you on this?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you The Tech Clerk , we will wait for Nightwatch

Comment

Hi popjoc,

thank you for the reply,

Stepchange is a very good DMP provider and does takeaway the headache of dealing with these companys,
        However,
        if you agree a DMP with them they will not look at UE nor will they try and get a low payment haggled out, or let you choose which debts to exclude, they are backed by the banks so try to get as much paid to them as possable, They are not being underhand in this it is just how they work, Black and white, no grey areas

yes we can look at UE for your wifes debts but you would have to manage them yourself, with our help, are you up for that? please read My diary to see what it entails, it is a long read so get comfy

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-diary-of-debt.

she could if she want's send a CCA request for all of the debts, a faulty or no CCA is not the only thing that makes an account Unenforceable.
        we donot go in for not trying to pay a debt, more a case of taking back control of what you do owe on your terms, and not paying what cannot be enforced,
        This can allow you to save up a bit of money and use it if need be to get a LOW full and final payment on any enforceable debts.

at the end of the day the choice is yours on how to proceed, we cannot make the decision for you, BUT.
        we will be here to help whatever you decide,

NW x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          Hi popjoc,

thank you for the reply,

Stepchange is a very good DMP provider and does takeaway the headache of dealing with these companys,
          However,
          if you agree a DMP with them they will not look at UE nor will they try and get a low payment haggled out, or let you choose which debts to exclude, they are backed by the banks so try to get as much paid to them as possable, They are not being underhand in this it is just how they work, Black and white, no grey areas

yes we can look at UE for your wifes debts but you would have to manage them yourself, with our help, are you up for that? please read My diary to see what it entails, it is a long read so get comfy

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-diary-of-debt.

she could if she want's send a CCA request for all of the debts, a faulty or no CCA is not the only thing that makes an account Unenforceable.
          we donot go in for not trying to pay a debt, more a case of taking back control of what you do owe on your terms, and not paying what cannot be enforced,
          This can allow you to save up a bit of money and use it if need be to get a LOW full and final payment on any enforceable debts.

at the end of the day the choice is yours on how to proceed, we cannot make the decision for you, BUT.
          we will be here to help whatever you decide,

NW x

Seriously read and digest the above? but CCAs can tell you a lot i.e. if you are being cash cowed ( the saying) unnecessarily i.e. coffers into pockets of those not entitled at the end of the day. but as said you made the 1st steps here so give a lot of thought to end most of your plight? nobody can tell you what to do but a diary would be most helpful etc etc etc

Comment

Pleased feel free to read my diary also . You might want start your own diary with each debt separately as above just keeps track of any developments.
            please take care of yourself , just taking the worry away will help you feel better .xxx
            or you can just use us as a sounding board anytime x
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the information, We have a lot to think about and a lot to take in. It will take us a few days to read through everything and then we can hopefully make a decision. We are probably going to favour the DMP, but as I say we will consider all before committing ourselves.

Once again, thank you everyone for your help and advice.

Comment

Take care I wish you both well in whatever you decide, xx

Comment

All the best XXX we will still be here for you
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi Popjac, I can’t offer you any advice, but I just wanted to wish you well with your health and ongoing treatment.
                    I too was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago, certainly life changing that’s for sure.
                    I have recently joined AAD after paying my DMP for 10 years. Another 10 years to go , which I couldn’t face .
                    I have recently sent off my CCA requests , none have been forthcoming yet, I have cancelled my DMP and plan to put this money to one side.

I have read lots of diaries and learnt a lot. Best of luck with your journey, you will be well supported on here.
                    Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                    X