GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello Everybody! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everybody!

Hello Everybody !!!!!

I have been a member of another debt forum for quite a while and it is there that I came to hear about AAD. The realisation of my debt problems came in 2011/12 when I had 20 unsecured creditors and unsecured debt of more than £60,000.

I am through the worst I know. I feel absolutely fine and have for quite a while. To anybody who has just had their 'light bulb moment' and feels like I did when I had mine then let me tell you it does get much, much better. Step Change helped me at the outset but didn't ever sign up and have been self-managed all the way along.

I now have two creditors remaining and a debt total of approximately £15,000. I also have a complete change of life. It still seems like yesterday but two years ago I was made redundant. I will never, never, never, never return to that corporate life. I am done with that and finished. My life isn't just about what I can buy in, it is also about ridding myself of toxic xxxx like that. No more....I hope the world understands.

OK, so I am redundant, and attempting to be properly retired a bit earlier than I planned. I need my life and finances properly on track and have been taking action on the mortgage and reviewing all of my bills and utilities. I now need to think about what I do with these remaining two debts and it struck me that I should know if they are enforcable before making a firm decision as to whether to leave, ignore or get into action with a full and final offer etc.

I've closed the book on corporate life and I must now close the book on debt. I don't want to make my introduction any longer than this in case everybody goes to sleep but I am obviously happy to discuss the history of these two debts a bit more as we go along.

Happy to pay the £10 for a year's memberhip as I will be asking for your help very shortly.

Kindest regards.

when you are ready give start a diary for each alledged debt so members can advise etc
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do I just start these diaries in 'Debt Free Diaries' or is there a more suitable area? It is enforcability I am interested in. I think I have the badge and tee shirt on everything else

Comment

yes
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

previously have you sent a CCA1974 request etc, there is a AAD+ area if you like to take a look at the way it runs, see above and click

Comment

The CCA1974 requests were sent two years ago - I'll advise what I have and haven't got back in a new diary for each debt as soon as I can get to my desktop. Thanks.

Comment

did you receive the agreements back or not? if so have you still got them? as we can get Niddy to check them to see if enforceable or not?

Comment

Hi Spring-Sun

Welcome to AAD - You are in good hands here

I think we can all recall the "Lightbulb" moment

Comment

I have the agreement for one of the debts - NatWest cc sent to me before they sold it to Cabot. At the time I received it I accepted it as 'OK' and have continued in a payment arrangement. I should have got it checked then but that's what I want to do now. .

Comment

Hi

I think the place to start your diary is here - https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...bility-diaries

Comment

Thanks everybody for the welcome and encouragement. I'm now moving over to the enforcability diaries to start a diary for each of these two debts

Comment

ITem 7 above?

Comment

Is 'item 7' answered by 'item 9?'

Comment

but not the 2nd debt?

Comment

I'm starting two diaries - one for each of my two remaining debts and should have them up in the unenforcability diary section this morning. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X