GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spouse Fraud, Defaults, Lowell & Capquest! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spouse Fraud, Defaults, Lowell & Capquest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Fraud, Defaults, Lowell & Capquest!

Hi,
    I have a range of issues.
    1. My husband opened up a credit card (Vanquish) and fraudulently added me as guarantor. He didn't pay. Debt is now with Lowell and on my credit report.
    2. Husband opened a shopdirect account in my name. He made some payments then stopped. Debt is now with Capquest and on my credit report.
    3. Two other accounts with Lowell - telecommunications O2 debt. All related to my husband changing phones before ending contract and the account was in my name.

The above are not huge amounts but have been a noose around my neck since 2012 / 2013 when they defaulted. I never knew a thing prior to that. Always had a good credit report. I have tried to correspond with Lowell and Capquest but they are not interested in any explanation. I have never paid a thing as they are not MY debts, they are my husbands.

Now at a stage where they could possibly become statute barred I think? Do I let this just happen or can I fight it another way? I reported my husband to Action Fraud and supplied Lowell / Capquest with the reference number.

After 6 years do these just drop off my credit file? every month I get another default against the account but does the 6 years commence from the first default?

Many thanks

Blossom77

added you as a guarantor on a credit card???

@DianaM
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

He could only get the credit if he had a guarantor. The card was in his name. Well potentially he set up another in my name I suppose. Either way the debt isn't mine and they are having none of it. Lowell have Investigated with Vanquish apparently.....

Comment

No, I have checked, he opened the account and used me as guarantor fraudulently

Comment

have asked another person to look in for you
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome to e to AAD. Without seeming nosy, are you still with your husband as this may have a bearing on any action that you take.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              have asked another person to look in for you
              Which I will happily do tomorrow

(PM received)

Di

Comment

Yes, still with my husband. Any further advice much appreciated, thank you

Comment

Working...
                X