GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pension savers 'missing out on top-ups' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pension savers 'missing out on top-ups'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension savers 'missing out on top-ups'

Pension savers 'missing out on top-ups'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 17th June 2017 14:24
    Workers are missing out on pension top-ups from their employers by only saving at a minimum level, research suggests. Many larger firms offer to "match" additional pension saving by their employees, by adding a contribution when workers save more. But insurer Royal London said that many workers were unaware of the option, and failed to take advantage. This could make a difference of hundreds of pounds in retirement income, it said.

Awareness

Despite having to make a number of assumptions in calculations, Royal London has estimated that an estimated £2bn of employer pension contributions would be available if workers took up the option of saving to a maximum rather than minimum level. It estimated that 3.2 million workers could receive an extra £650 per year each. That would mean somebody on average earnings who chose to take up an additional 3% matched contribution to their pension pot would receive a retirement income of £22,500 rather than £19,050, thanks to the extra contribution and tax relief.

Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X