GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU mobile roaming fees 'may still catch you out' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU mobile roaming fees 'may still catch you out'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU mobile roaming fees 'may still catch you out'

EU mobile roaming fees 'may still catch you out'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 13th June 2017 18:55
    UK holidaymakers could still be caught out by high mobile phone bills despite a ban on roaming charges in the EU, the consumer group Which? has warned.

Roaming charges, which are added by mobile operators for calls, texts and internet browsing when phone users are abroad, will be abolished from 15 June. It means UK travellers can use their regular allowance anywhere in the EU. But Which? warned exceeding allowances would still be chargeable while roaming territories varied between companies. It said different providers included different countries in their roaming territories, such as the Channel Islands and Switzerland. Exceeding agreed minutes, texts and data would still be charged in the EU as it would in the UK, with providers charging different rates, it added.

Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X