GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt fears remain despite manifesto 'breathing space' plans - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt fears remain despite manifesto 'breathing space' plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt fears remain despite manifesto 'breathing space' plans

Debt fears remain despite manifesto 'breathing space' plans

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 25th May 2017 05:15
    People in serious debt can expect more legal protection from bailiffs, charges and interest after pledges in the major parties' manifestos.

The Conservatives and Labour have vowed to extend a "breathing space" scheme used in Scotland to allow people time to organise repayments. Others, including the Lib Dems, want more regulation in the debt sector. There is widespread concern over the levels of personal debt among working households.

Warnings

The City regulator - the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - has warned of an acceleration in consumer borrowing, such as loans, overdrafts, credit card debt and car finance. This echoes concerns raised by the Bank of England. The total amount of consumer debt tops £1.5 trillion. Although this is dominated by mortgage borrowing, there is a vast array of debt products creating concern. A Lords committee also recently called for stronger controls such as a cap on "rent to own" products.

Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X