GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Radcliffe used-car dealer fined £40,000 for sending 336,000 spam texts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radcliffe used-car dealer fined £40,000 for sending 336,000 spam texts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radcliffe used-car dealer fined £40,000 for sending 336,000 spam texts

Radcliffe used-car dealer fined £40,000 for sending 336,000 spam texts

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 25th May 2017 05:25
    A Greater Manchester used-car dealer that sent hundreds of thousands of spam texts has been fined £40,000. Concept Car Credit Limited, which is based in Radcliffe, was issued with the penalty following an investigation by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

The investigation found the company, which offers both car finance and cars for sale, had broken the law about how firms can use people’s details to send marketing texts.

Steve Eckersley, ICO Head of Enforcement, said:

“The mass sending of over 300,000 marketing text messages without following the rules is simply not on.
    “We have published clear guidance on how to comply with the law and have a helpline which gives businesses further advice. There’s no excuse for getting it wrong and intruding into people’s everyday lives with spam texts.”

The company told the ICO it had obtained the data used to send the messages from other organisations. As the instigator of the texts it was Concept Car Credit Limited’s responsibility to ensure it was only texting people who had consented to receive the marketing. The firm failed to do this.
    Alongside the fine, the ICO has also issued an enforcement notice ordering the company to stop sending unlawful texts in the future. If the company does not comply with the notice, it could face court action.

Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X