GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Banks 'must show action' in fraud cases - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks 'must show action' in fraud cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks 'must show action' in fraud cases

Banks 'must show action' in fraud cases

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 18th May 2017 18:53
    Banks must take "meaningful action" to tackle the threat of customers losing "life-changing sums of money" to fraudsters, a consumer group has said.

Consumer group Which? says banks have made little progress in protecting people from so-called push fraud. Victims are conned into transferring money to the accounts of fraudsters, believing they are legitimate firms. The banks' anti-fraud group said it had a clear action plan which was being worked through.

Extra protection

The issue of bank transfer scams was raised by Which? last year when it submitted a "super complaint" - a legally-backed demand for a review - to the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR). Which? wanted banks to refund consumers in cases where victims had accidentally transferred money to a fraudster, similar to the protections provided on credit card transactions.

Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X